We believe manufacturing is important not only for what it makes, but for what it makes possible for the world. Manufacturers have an important job to do, and it’s our job to provide them with the technology and expertise they need through the entire production process, from discovery and design to manufacturing and fulfillment.
We are looking to add to the manufacturing operations team: The Operations Supervisor will direct a factory team and oversee day-to-day order fulfillment. The role provides support to facilitate operations and quality objectives.
About the Role:
- Follows safety guidelines and regulations and promotes a clean, accident free workplace.
- Ensure timely execution and delivery of open orders by assigning work area priorities consistent with production goals.
- Schedule equipment and staff to optimize quality, speed, and cost. Lead daily huddles. Ensure effective communication and handoff between shifts.
- Troubleshoot manufacturing defects and non-conformances. Lead and support corrective actions.
- Develop and coach technician teams towards professional growth goals using key performance metrics. Make hiring, disciplinary, and promotion recommendations and approve time cards for payroll.
- Maintain raw material and supply inventory to meet production schedules.
- Adhere to quality assurance procedures and processes and drive continuous improvement projects.
- Assist in the production area as needed and assigned.
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills.
- Willing to work flexible hours and weekends as needed.
- 2+ yrs professional experience in manufacturing or engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar required. Formal leadership training preferred.
- Must wear required personal protective equipment (as applicable).
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
Every day you can expect to work in an inclusive environment that makes excellence possible, where great work and ideas matter more than seniority. We believe in experimenting fearlessly and learning from our failures—quickly. Our leaders have grown successful companies before, and they understand that businesses thrive when capable people have the freedom to solve problems without constraints.
We want you to come to work happy, healthy, and balanced so you can expect excellent benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus structure
- Comprehensive health care including dental and vision
- Generous vacation policy as well as a 401K plan
Fast Radius is proud to be an equal opportunity employer because diverse perspectives make for better products, better processes, and a better company. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, Veteran status, or other protected status.
Read Full Job Description