Wolverine Trading is seeking an experienced FPGA design engineer to build high-speed, low-latency designs and systems targeting trading applications. The position requires identifying and selecting optimal hardware-based solutions and collaborating with traders and quantitative analysts to understand the desired logic and then implementing the system/design in hardware. The applicant must be highly driven and possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
What We're Looking For:
- Thorough knowledge of System Verilog and FPGA design, must be able to conduct initial verification of designs before handing them off for more thorough in-system testing
- In-depth knowledge of advanced FPGA/ASIC synthesis and applying constraints to ensure proper operation and timing closure
- Experience designing with various network protocols in FPGAs, ideally with experience in low latency optimization
- Experience with system-on-chip (SOC) architectures, memory & processor subsystems and peripheral interconnects
- Low level expertise of high speed Gb transceivers, MACs and PHYs
- Experienced user of QuestaSim, Xilinx Vivado, Xilinx FPGA’s and Synopsys timing constraints or equivalent
- Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and effectively document designs and communicate with co-workers
- Critical thinking with ability to analyze complex, multi-variable systems.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with a focus on digital systems or computer networks
- 5+ years experience working with FPGA and/or ASIC designs required
- No prior experience in the finance industry required.
It's not about the clothes... it's about the person in them. At Wolverine, we've created a strong, collaborative environment with exceptional growth opportunities. Whether your interest is trading, technology, or operations, motivated and innovative individuals can find many pathways to success.
Our flat organizational structure promotes teamwork across the Firm and offers easy access to senior staff (don't worry, they won't be wearing a suit either). While we work exceptionally well as a team in the office, our bonds are further strengthened through company events, activities and giving back. Volleyball, soccer, hockey, 5K runs, picnic, parties, and trivia nights provide friendly competition and build better relationships. By getting out of our usual environment and doing out-of-the-ordinary things together, we foster creativity and broaden our imaginations to accomplish new challenges.
· Highly competitive salary bonus
· Generous paid time off and flexible scheduling
· 100% coverage of medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits for single coverage
· Generous Paid Parental Leave
· Retirement Plans: 401K and Roth 401K
· Profit sharing plan
· Long- and short-term disability
Perks of being at Wolverine:
· Casual dress
· Free breakfast and lunch from our in-house kitchen with rotating menus (including snacks!)
· On-site gym with a subsidized membership
· Frequent company outings
· Opportunity to give back to organizations that help individuals in need, improve public health and provide others with educational opportunities and resources.
· In-house education team – educational classes and resources are offered by our education team for continuous learning opportunities
· Mentorship Program
What to expect for our interview process:
· Resume Review
· Phone Screen
· Team Interview Series
Founded in 1994, the Wolverine companies comprise a number of diversified financial institutions specializing in proprietary trading, asset management, order execution services, and technology solutions. We are recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets. With a focus on innovation, achievement, and integrity, we take pride in serving the interests of both our clients and colleagues. The Wolverine companies are headquartered in Chicago with offices in New York and San Francisco and a proprietary trading affiliate office located in London.