IMC Trading - Where Technology drives Trading
Trading nowadays happens in a highly competitive technological landscape; the best trading idea alone doesn’t cut it anymore. Instead, only the best trading ideas that are enabled via robust, scalable and fast technology win.
Are you someone who is passionate about challenging the status quo?
Do you enjoy the process of problem solving, a process where you recognize areas of improvement and iterate and innovate to improve? Does your curiosity and desire to learn drive you?
FPGA ENGINEERING AT IMC:
- FPGAs allow us to achieve the lowest possible latencies which is key in keeping our trading strategies best in class.
- As an FPGA engineer you will benefit from your expertise in ASIC or FPGA design. Efficient RTL designs (Verilog, SystemVerilog, or VHDL) are how we accelerate trading decisions to their theoretical limits.
- You'll work in a team that takes responsibility to own the complete solution. Outside of creating FPGA designs, you will be responsible for finding ways to become more productive, improve verification, along with measuring and monitoring your already-deployed solutions.
- We value good engineering practices and we take our responsibilities for stable financial markets very seriously.
- We currently use a combination of Verilog, C++, SystemVerilog and scripting languages for our FPGA systems. We automate our testing and verification as much as possible.
- We connect to exchanges over Ethernet so understanding the details of network protocols and network infrastructure is a very important aspect of the job.
WHAT MAKES IT FUN?
- One of the most fun aspects of the job is that we have a very quick feedback loop. We release early and often to get incremental benefits as they are developed
- We operate at the bleeding edge of technology. Whether it’s Altera or Xilinx, we are committed to always using the fastest technology to base our solutions on. If something new can potentially bring an advantage we will actively invest in developing and utilizing the solution
- We really believe in sharing knowledge and technology between the different offices. Much of our technology stack is shared between all 3 regions, and we provide opportunities to travel between the regions both for personal growth and to assist where it has the biggest impact.
- To get the best results we encourage everybody to gain understanding of both the trading strategy and how exchanges work on a technological level.
- Working at IMC is also an opportunity to learn about financial markets. We know from experience that a lot of people really enjoy learning about a field beyond their immediate area of expertise, it’s one of the things that makes this job more interesting than others.
- We employ a broad range of people with varying backgrounds. What they have in common is their superior technical expertise, their extraordinary smarts and their collaborative approach. We will not accept less.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- 2+ years of experience working with FPGA/ASIC design, testing and verification module design
- Experience working with hardware development tools
- Experience in System Verilog/Verilog, C++ and Python and/or other scripting languages
- Ability to work in a Linux environment
- Experience with network and system level protocols, packet based data processing, and computer architecture
- Familiarity with financial services industry a plus
We are at the core a trading firm, however we value trading and technology equally and we believe that cooperation between traders and technologists is one of our great strengths. This is also reflected in our organizational and remuneration policies. We believe in fostering a truly flat environment in which great ideas can be recognized as well as put into practice from anybody within our organization
WHO WE ARE:
IMC Financial Markets is among the world’s leading proprietary trading firms, and a market maker in securities listed on exchanges across the globe. Our cutting-edge technology drives everything we do. High performance algorithms, smart strategies and collaborative teams are the core of our business.
Today, IMC Financial Markets is 500+ people working together to build software and trade financial products in our offices in Amsterdam, Chicago and Sydney. What does this mean for you? The chance to join a multi-national, multi-cultural team of exceptional individuals, focused on making IMC the world’s best trading firm.