Wolverine Trading is seeking an experienced FPGA design engineer to build high-speed, low-latency designs and systems targeting trading applications. The position requires identifying and selecting optimal hardware-based solutions and collaborating with traders and quantitative analysts to understand the desired logic and then implementing the system/design in hardware. The applicant must be highly driven and possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Thorough knowledge of System Verilog and FPGA design, must be able to conduct initial verification of designs before handing them off for more thorough in-system testing
• In-depth knowledge of advanced FPGA/ASIC synthesis and applying constraints to ensure proper operation and timing closure
• Experience designing with various network protocols in FPGAs, ideally with experience in low latency optimization
• Experience with system-on-chip (SOC) architectures, memory & processor subsystems and peripheral interconnects
• Low level expertise of high speed Gb transceivers, MACs and PHYs
• Experienced user of QuestaSim, Xilinx Vivado, Xilinx FPGA’s and Synopsys timing constraints or equivalent
• Ability to work on multiple projects in parallel and effectively document designs and communicate with co-workers
• Critical thinking with ability to analyze complex, multi-variable systems.
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with a focus on digital systems or computer networks
• 5+ years experience working with FPGA and/or ASIC designs required
• No prior experience in the finance industry required.
Founded in 1994, the Wolverine companies comprise a number of diversified financial institutions specializing in proprietary trading, asset management, order execution services, and technology solutions. We are recognized as a market leader in derivatives valuation, trading, and value-added order execution across global equity, options, and futures markets. With a focus on innovation, collaboration, achievement, and integrity, we take pride in serving the interests of both our clients and colleagues.
Visa sponsorship is not available