Front-End Architect at Echo Global Logistics
Come join an exciting, fast-paced organization dedicated to building the next generation of software to support our industry leading transportation platform. We are looking for an Architect who is extremely passionate about transforming how we deliver our client experience.
This person will be able to take the complex nature of logistics and help un-complicate it. The ideal candidate is not afraid to challenge the status quo, to work hard and hustle, and always looking to find a better way.
Along with driving the technology, you will have an opportunity to interface with multiple disciplines across the organization to ensure unity and guide teams toward success. In this role
- Drive front-end engineering practices, design patterns, and standards
- Work closely with our design and UX teams to deliver next generation experiences across our applications
- Create high-level architectural specifications, ensure feasibility, functionality, and integrations with existing systems / platforms
- Supply thought leadership to effectively guide the organization, providing consultation to other engineers, mentorship, and evangelize new developments tooling and practices
- Lead and review design requirements, and provide accountability for both the performance and quality of software delivered
- Lead implementations for tooling and framework that lend to high performance, quality, and automation
- Write solid code
You’ve got what it takes if you have…
- Experience with WebSockets, ServerSent Events or other browser based push protocols.
- Experience with Git, Agile and CI/CD techniques and deployment strategies
- Extensive industry experience with web applications based on SOA principles coupled with .NET/Java backed restful API’s
- Strong understanding of web security [OAuth / Authentication / Authorization]
- Experience / comfort with responsive UI design and development, CSS and HTML5
- Strong presentation and verbal communications skills and the ability to influence, mentor, and govern standards across the organization
- Experience with web analytics, A/B testing, and user group testing
- Embrace end-to-end ownership of projects
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science and minimum of 10+ years of software development experience is required.
Extra dose of awesome if you…
- Love sharing your passion for leading web development practices and tooling
- Have experience supporting a production front-end application with error management tool sets
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.