Front End Developer at Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a digital transformation organization. As one of the key strategic pillars, Kin + Carta Connect is a full-service digital agency that strategizes, designs, builds, implements, tests, and optimizes world-class, global, and multi-channel experiences.
We’re looking for an individual with initiative, drive and the desire to continually learn within a growing technology practice.Responsibilities
- Be a hands-on technology expert, able to contribute to design concepts and implementation across a variety of devices and platforms
- While not looking for designers, the FED’s ability to contribute to interaction design with an understanding of what is possible is a critical responsibility
- Responsible for the quality of front-end deliverables across a variety of projects including headless content and commerce builds
- Interface with various back-end technologies, frameworks and services
- Partner with other developers, architects, creative technologists, experience designers, visual designers, business consultants, experience strategists, client executives to provide connected thinking for our clients
- Front-End Developers must demonstrate the ability to master new / emerging technologies, frameworks, and tools, and share this knowledge with the technical community
- Assist with code reviews and adheres to the best practices established by Lead FED and Solution Architect
- Takes initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions
- Create prototypes, and production code, bringing to life experiences and reconcile the impacts our client’s technology, business & user needs with brand considerations
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 2+ years experience leading complex platform implementation projects from design (architecture) through implementation and delivery for consulting clients
- Experience building front-ends for CMS/DXP and eCommerce platforms
- Strong understanding of UX and interaction design
- Experience interfacing with various back-end technologies, frameworks and services
- 1+ years experience with one or more CSS frameworks including:
- Significant experience with cross-platform / responsive design & development and Responsive/Adaptive builds
- Experience working with an automated front-end toolchains built using modern technologies (i.e. Grunt, Gulp) and defining best practices
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Work and communicate effectively with programmers and other IT staff and non-IT functional areas
- Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Being proactive and willingness to learn, develop and adapt
Kin + Carta exists to make the world work better by delivering transformative digital growth for our clients. As a digital transformation firm, we apply creativity, data, and technology to help clients invent, market, and operate new digital products and services that turn prospects into customers, and customers into advocates. Kin + Carta seamlessly integrates the strategic consulting, software engineering, and marketing technology needed to help businesses 'Make It Happen'.
Consultants at Kin + Carta have the opportunity to: engage with the most cutting-edge emerging technologies, solve difficult problems for some of the world’s biggest companies, and work within a breadth of industries.
Kin + Carta is headquartered in Chicago and London with offices across four continents. Our culture and shared ways of working unite us globally, but it’s our diverse specialisms, our connections, and our courage that makes our firm a recognized best place to work.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Awareness, check out our IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.