Front End Developer at Kin + Carta
At Kin + Carta, we’ve got opportunities to offer you — for growth, for leadership, for big, world-changing impact and for, dare we say it, fun. We are a global workforce that is committed to building a world that works better for everyone. And that starts with our Kin. That’s why we’re proud of:
- The life we create within our virtual walls, every day
- Being B Corp certified
- Our honor as a “Best Large Firm to Work For” by Consulting Magazine
Kin + Carta is a digital transformation organization. As one of the key strategic pillars, Kin + Carta Connect is a full-service digital agency that strategizes, designs, builds, implements, tests, and optimizes world-class, global, and multi-channel experiences.
We’re looking for an individual with initiative, drive and the desire to continually learn within a growing technology practice.
- Be a hands-on technology expert, able to contribute to design concepts and implementation across a variety of devices and platforms
- While not looking for designers, the FED’s ability to contribute to interaction design with an understanding of what is possible is a critical responsibility
- Responsible for the quality of front-end deliverables across a variety of projects including headless content and commerce builds
- Interface with various back-end technologies, frameworks and services
- Partner with other developers, architects, creative technologists, experience designers, visual designers, business consultants, experience strategists, client executives to provide connected thinking for our clients
- Front-End Developers must demonstrate the ability to master new / emerging technologies, frameworks, and tools, and share this knowledge with the technical community
- Assist with code reviews and adheres to the best practices established by Lead FED and Solution Architect
- Takes initiative to offer technical direction and creative solutions
- Create prototypes, and production code, bringing to life experiences and reconcile the impacts our client’s technology, business & user needs with brand considerations
We want all new hires to succeed in their roles at Kin + Carta. That's why we've outlined the job requirements below. To be considered for this role, it's important that you meet all Minimum Qualifications. If you do not meet all of the Preferred Qualifications, we still encourage you to apply.
- 2+ years experience leading complex platform implementation projects from design (architecture) through implementation and delivery for consulting clients
- Experience building front-ends for CMS/DXP and eCommerce platforms
- Strong understanding of UX and interaction design
- Experience interfacing with various back-end technologies, frameworks and services
- 1+ years experience with one or more CSS frameworks including:
- Significant experience with cross-platform / responsive design & development and Responsive/Adaptive builds
- Experience working with an automated front-end toolchains built using modern technologies (i.e. Grunt, Gulp) and defining best practices
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Work and communicate effectively with programmers and other IT staff and non-IT functional areas
- Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across this delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Being proactive and willingness to learn, develop and adapt
About Kin + Carta
Kin + Carta is a global digital transformation consultancy committed to working alongside our clients to build a world that works better #ForEveryone. Our 1,700 curious minds make creative connections between people, data and technology to create connected outcomes across the full lifecycle of the product and platform ecosystems.
We’re makers, builders and creators by nature, and we come to work every day to build experiences for some of the world’s most influential companies. We help businesses accelerate their digital roadmap, rapidly innovate, modernize their systems, enable their teams and optimize for continued growth.
We are a technology business with trust and human connection at its heart. As a Certified B Corp, our triple bottom line focus on people, the planet and profit is at the core of everything we do.
We welcome our Kin to show up as their full selves every day. Because this is so important to us, Kin + Carta is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. To read further about our commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness, check out the IDEA page on our website.
If you need accommodations at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.