Reports to: Lead Project Manager
About the role:
Front-End developers code and maintain the front-end of our websites and blogs for our core brands. They work in small concentrated teams and influence projects from inception. They contribute to presentations and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver work that is mobile-first, responsive and aligns with technical and accessibility standards. The front-end developers are part of Enova Studios in-house creative agency and have access to the software engineering and tech teams across the organization to stay on top of the latest technologies and trends.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Front-End Developer you will be working on a wide variety of projects including landing pages, HTML email templates, custom WordPress themes, plugins and more. You will be working closely with cross-functional departments across Enova, including business stakeholders, product managers, software engineers, marketers, etc. It will be your job to take feedback from across departments and teams and apply it accordingly. Since you will be involved in the process from kickoff to QA, you will have the opportunity to impact processes and workflow, educate on industry trends, and influence the use of new technologies.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 3+ years of relevant experience and/or bachelor’s degree related to computer science or equivalent
- Understanding of PHP back-end development within WordPress and maintaining multiple WordPress sites
- Ability to understand CSS changes/ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications and responsive websites
- Comfort working in Chrome Developer Tools or other similar debugging tools
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git)
- Ability to collaborate with designers, copywriters and cross-functional teams in an agile environment
- Experience influencing improvements in both technology and process to challenge the status quo
- Strong soft skills such as project management, project estimates, and communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; meet deadlines and be flexible to changing priorities
- Plus if you have: Experience in financial services or another highly regulated industry; Design knowledge/background/education and are familiar with Adobe Analytics/Google Analytics and interpreting data; Familiarity with Vue
About our Enova Studios team:
Enova Studios is a full-service in-house creative agency. We partner with our brands to concept and create the ideas — big and small — that accomplish our shared goal: selling our products and building our business. We work in small, collaborative teams on internal projects for Enova, as well as each of our 10 international brands. Our services include copy and content writing, digital design, UX design, front-end development, and production.
Enova is a leading financial technology company providing online financial services through its AI and machine learning powered lending platform. Enova serves the needs of non-prime consumers and small businesses, who are frequently underserved by traditional banks. Enova has provided more than 7 million customers with over $40 billion in loans and financing with market leading products that provide a path for them to improve their financial health. Want to learn more? Just ask any of our almost 1,500 employees.