Bring your technical expertise, passion and curiosity to a creative and energetic team that strives to define and redefine the technology of digital marketing. In the Front-End Developer role, you can expect to work closely with every part of One North (partnering with industry-leading strategists and designers, brainstorming with other architects and developers, estimating timelines with account…etc.). In an increasingly competitive digital market, our Front-End Developers are given the space they need to invent, problem solve, explore, fix and create. Itching to stretch and build upon your passion for digital development? Looks like you found the right place.
When packing your bags, please bring:
- A respect for and admiration of the culture, process and craft of web development, as well as an understanding of the client experience, appreciating what it takes to form long-term client relationships.
- The ability to engineer for performance, maintainability and efficiency, while also creating beautiful end-user experiences.
- Broad experience working on leading-edge projects across verticals for large, complex organizations.
- A knack for teamwork and working with people across agency capabilities.
- A solid understanding of the tools, processes and approaches for world-class front-end development, and also the skills and appreciation for UX/UI and creative design principles.
- The written and verbal communication skills required to articulate effectively to your Technology Team.
The daily grind:
- Inspire and collaborate with a dedicated team of Front-End Developers to take ownership and pride in producing detail-oriented work.
- Proactively manage timelines and commitments across all projects.
- Collaborate in the sales process to estimate internal tradeoff/options and inspiring new innovative ideas/prototypes.
- Digest and think critically on technology thought leadership, staying up-to-date on the latest technology trends and buzz words.
- Produce rapid and elegant componentized code and digital experiences.
Your weapons (wield them wisely):
- Expert HTML5, CSS3 (SASS), AJAX skills
- Familiarity (recommended) in LESS or SASS
- Exposure to multiple modern CMS systems (Sitecore, Wordpress, Drupal or similar)
- Experience with .NET MVC, ASP.NET and familiarity with source control integration (GIT) is preferred
- Proficiency and awareness of successful approaches in responsive or adaptive web design
- Broad knowledge of capabilities across different browsers and devices
- Multiple responsive frameworks and knowledge of when to use (or not use) each one
- A collection of your own automated build and testing tools
- Many of the items in the archives here: http://webtoolsweekly.com