What you’ll be doing:
As a Front-End Developer you will be working on a wide variety of projects, including landing pages, HTML email templates, custom WordPress themes, plugins and more. You will be working closely with cross-functional departments across Enova, including business stakeholders, product managers, software engineers, marketers, etc. It will be your job to take feedback from across departments and teams and apply it accordingly. Since you will be involved in the process from kickoff to QA, you will have the opportunity to impact processes and workflow, educate on industry trends, and influence the use of new technologies.
- The office is located within walking distance to both Union Station and Ogilvie which makes it easy to commute from within the city or the suburbs.
- Commuter benefits, health care benefits, a 401K matching plan, summer hours, tuition reimbursement, and a sabbatical program.
- Revamped parental leave program (and brand new nursing rooms for our returning mothers!)
What you should have:
- 3 – 4 years of relevant experience and/or bachelor’s degree related to computer science or equivalent
- Understanding of PHP back-end development within WordPress and maintaining multiple WordPress sites
- Ability to understand CSS changes/ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Ability to convert comprehensive layout and wireframes into working HTML pages
- Experience building user interfaces for websites and/or web applications and responsive websites
- Comfort working in Chrome Developer Tools or other similar debugging tools
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools (such as Git)
- Ability to collaborate with designers, copywriters and cross-functional teams in an agile environment
- Experience influencing improvements in both technology and process to challenge the status quo
- Strong soft skills such as project management, project estimates, and communication
Kudos to you if:
- You have experience in financial services or another highly regulated industry
- You have design knowledge/background/education
- You are familiar with Adobe Analytics/Google Analytics and interpreting data
About the Enova Studios team:
Enova Studios is a full-service in-house creative agency. We partner with our brands to concept and create the ideas — big and small — that accomplish our shared goal: selling our products and building our business.
We work in small, collaborative teams on internal projects for Enova, as well as each of our 10 international brands. Our services include copywriting, content, digital design, UX design, front-end development, and production.
Enova is a leading provider of online financial services that leverages its advanced technology and analytics to provide access to credit for non-prime consumers and small businesses. Our roots are in Chicago, but we have served nearly 5 million customers through our six businesses in the U.S. and abroad. We pride ourselves on hiring smart and driven people who bring new and innovative ideas to the table. Our philosophy is, "Life’s short. Work someplace awesome."