Front End Developer
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced web-based application development master. You will be joining a growing team of Data Scientists and Engineers working to develop a one-of-a-kind resource based on machine learning. The candidate will be tasked with designing and developing a web-based application to showcase the fruits of machine learning applied to imagery. The ideal candidate should be an expert of Angular 6 application development, be very knowledgeable with git, be opinionated about application data lifecycle, and should have experienced the development and deployment of at least one enterprise application based on modern web technology (that is, using a framework such as Angular, React, Vue, etc). The right candidate will be excited to work with the team on developing a tool that properly meets the vision of every passionate team member involved. They should also be comfortable transitioning to a full stack position, working mostly with Python, Postgres, and ElasticSearch. Lastly, the candidate should be comfortable being very transparent with what they are working on, check with other team members to understand what they are working on, and be sure to properly break up tasks and rebase work when necessary.
*This is not an entry level role. Mid to Senior level candidates only.
*This is not a remote position. All applicants must be in the Chicagoland area.
- Work with engineers and data scientists to improve the resources provided and determine the proper direction for the application.
- Maintain an application that leverages data of a very fluid structure.
- Work very closely with a small front-end development team.
- Provide insightful design suggestions for the application based on business requirements and monitored app usage.
- Expert level Angular 6 application development knowledge and experience.
- rxjs knowledge and experience. Should be comfortable using rxjs.
- A basic understanding of Lodash. Should be comfortable using Lodash.
- An understanding of responsive design, in practice. This is a desktop web application, but we still try to respect the approach of “mobile first.”
- Git knowledge and experience. Should be very comfortable using git.
- Opinionated about data flow and lifecycle throughout an application.
- Experience working with a team on a application.
- SQL knowledge and experience.
- Should be excited about this job after reading this description.
- ElasticSearch knowledge and experience.
- SQL experience specific to Postgres.
- AWS knowledge and experience.
- Experience with geospatial queries.
- Unlimited PTO
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Casual working environment
- Flexible office hours