ActiveCampaign's category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 500+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation and CRM for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat and text. Over 100,000 of ActiveCampaign's customers use its 850+ integrations including Microsoft, Shopify, Square, Facebook, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in Marketing Automation, CRM, and E-Commerce Personalization on G2.com and is the Top Rated Email Marketing Software on TrustRadius. Pricing starts at just $9/month. Start a free trial at ActiveCampaign.com.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. If this matches your goals and interests, we hope you consider joining our team!
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions.
We are currently looking for self-motivated front-end engineers who are focused on building high-quality experiences in the browser that are as performant as they are delightful for our customers. Ideally, you have experience writing semantic markup, maintainable styles, working with APIs, and building and testing scalable JS applications with React. Above all, we value iteration, customer focus, and humility. We believe front-end development is closely related to design, helping bring life to the product from a visual and interaction layer, and ultimately helping people solve their problems while bringing delight to their everyday lives. We also believe a well executed development process touches every part of the product, from accessibility to conversion, and everywhere in-between. If you believe the same, we should chat!
What your day could consist of:
- Building beautiful, impactful, and purposeful user experiences without sacrificing quality or performance
- Leading modern front end technical design and implementation on projects involving a cross-functional team of design, engineering and product
- Proposing strategies to take existing front end applications built in older paradigms and reimplement them using current best practices
- Designing and developing libraries and frameworks that power our front-ends
- Leveraging data to inform decisions and defining metrics to measure the success of new features
- Helping the team define the front-end engineering standards for our organization
- Contribute to code and design reviews RCA (Root cause analysis) and resolve bugs
- Participate in planning and stand-up meetings
- Monitor alerts and escalations and ensure compliance to customer requirements by helping with operational support, including but not limited to off business hours.
What is needed:
- 3+ years of experience in front end frameworks like React, Redux-Sagas, Typescript or other modern JS frameworks used to build scalable web applications
- Mastery of HTML and CSS and experience styling custom and isolated components
- Comfort working in both modern MVC/MVVM and older AMD/Mustache/jQuery environments, and experience with modernizing existing code to use current best practices in front end engineering
- Experience managing dependencies with a framework like npm or yarn
- Familiarity with frontend ops AWS (S3, CloudFront) and CI/CD
- Understanding of secure CRUD API development and integration
- Strong UX and Design sensibilities to build accessible and responsive products
- Experience building and debugging complex systems and ability to humanize complicated designs
- Relentless focus on our customer’s experience and attention to detail
- Previous experience generating HTML and CSS that is optimized for email is a plus
- Flexibility with changing scopes and priorities; we believe in iteration and work in a fast-paced industry
- Above all we value a positive attitude, self awareness, empathy and a team player with a continuous improvement mindset
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include our comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, tele-health and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for meditation), open paid time off, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, a generous stipend to outfit your remote office, and a focus on career growth including access to personal and professional coaching. We take a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion and offer parental leave, career pathing, and support employees’ ongoing learning and development through Udemy and access to life coaches via Modern Health. We also offer cool swag.
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.
Our core values:
Start with trust
Make the customer a hero
Cultivate inclusion & diversity
Iterate everything, always
Pursue growth with gratitude
Visit here to learn about perks and benefits at ActiveCampaign and see our values in action.