Front End Engineer - React
ActiveCampaign is the marketing automation leader for small and mid sized businesses (SMB's) around the globe. Through a sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform and tools, we allow our customers to make meaningful connections to their customers. Often, we are the center of our customer's marketing strategies and critical to their success and future.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 70,000 today to millions.
At ActiveCampaign product is at our core and drives our business, and we’re looking for self-motivated Front-end Engineers who are focused on building high-quality experiences in the browser that are as performant as they are delightful for our customers. Ideally, you have experience writing semantic markup, maintainable styles, working with APIs, and building and testing scalable JS applications with React. Above all, we value iteration, customer focus, and humility.
We believe front-end development is closely related to design, helping bring life to the product from a visual and interaction layer, and ultimately helping people solve their problems while bringing delight to their everyday lives. We also believe a well executed development process touches every part of the product, from accessibility to conversion, and everywhere in-between.
If you believe the same, we should chat!
What your day could consist of:
- Building beautiful, impactful, and purposeful user experiences without sacrificing quality or performance
- Working cross-functionally with design, engineering and product teams to collaborate on new ideas and brainstorm new user experiences
- Designing and developing libraries and frameworks that power our front-end
- Leveraging data to inform decisions
- Seeing projects through from beginning to end
- Helping define the front-end engineering standards for our organization
What is needed:
- Relentless focus on our customer’s experience and attention to detail
- Mastery of HTML and CSS, and skilled in JS
- Understanding of React, package managers; we use yarn, build tools; we use webpack, SCSS, testing, and other front-end libraries and tools
- Advocacy for building products that are accessible
- Excellent ability to humanize complicated ideas
- Effectively communicate rationale for design and technical decisions
- Ability to deliver results on projects with multiple stakeholders
- Flexibility with changing scopes and priorities; we value iteration and work in a fast-paced industry
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and welfare benefits including no premiums for employees, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, lunch and endless snacks/ beverages, reimbursed commuting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Read Full Job Description