Front End Engineer at Farmer's Fridge
Farmer’s Fridge is on a mission to make it simple for everyone to eat well. We serve healthy, handcrafted meals and snacks from our growing network of 400+ Smart Fridges (software-enabled vending machines). We are striving to change the food system from the ground up – one Fridge or delivery at a time.
We are a team that cares -– about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
As a Front End Engineer, you will work on the Consumer Experience team to architect and develop the front end experiences for our digital ecosystem. The result of your work is a positive user experience.
What You'll Do:
- Your initiatives will improve our new DTC experience, our website, and further personalize the CX at our fridges.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Design teams and understand how your individual tasks and projects fit into business objectives.
- Draw on your experience and creativity to present new ideas and solutions to problems. You already know the rules - now your keen understanding allows you to push boundaries.
- Deliver quality software using agile and iterative development.
- Help teammates by performing code reviews.
- Work cross-functionally to identify issues and potential improvements to our experiences.
- Help out menu development team by tasting new recipes!
What Your Background May Look Like:
- Experience with React required.
- 4+ years of Front End development experience, preferably related to e-commerce.
- Ideally, you have worked on greenfield development projects and can contribute across the stack.
- Experience collaborating with business leaders and engineers to understand and define projects.
- Demonstrated desire to solve complex problems elegantly and efficiently.
- Proven ability to learn new skills quickly and continuous desire to improve.
Who You Are:
- Flexible. You know how to switch gears quickly as business priorities change.
- Communicative. You know how to talk about your work to people who aren't familiar with the jargon. You also listen to and strive to understand other people's work and ideas.
- Honest. You know your limitations and when something hasn't worked the way you wanted it to. You speak candidly about your successes and failures and view everything as a learning opportunity.
- Innovative. You consider unexpected angles and are always thinking of ways to do things better and more efficiently.
Benefits at Farmer's Fridge:
In This Together - Our HQ employees are currently working from home, but we stay connected virtually with weekly town hall meetings, social hours, and remote game nights. Our bonus roles as taste testers are also still intact! You can sample what new items we’re cooking up in our test kitchen with our menu team’s no-contact "employee drive-thru".
Happier Weekdays - Each day at work should fill you with joy, not dread. We're a fun and passionate group, and we don't take ourselves too seriously. Bring your unique self to work, dress comfortably, and always feel free to share your thoughts and opinions. We encourage curiosity and inquiry; there's no hierarchy here when we're all swapping ideas.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the company’s bottom line. You can also impact your personal bottom line by participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting, and you'll succeed alongside our business with our bonus and equity plans.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures