Front End Engineer
Yello’s talent acquisition software enables companies to humanize the candidate experience by providing unprecedented speed and transparency throughout the candidate journey. Founded in 2008, Yello supports hundreds of organizations globally by serving as a key strategic partner in optimizing recruiting operations and talent relationship management.
In 2017, Yello closed a series C funding round of $31 million and continues to grow quickly. We’re looking to hire people who believe nothing is impossible, love to learn and be curious, can be accountable for success, always enjoy the journey and will own their personality. If this is you, come grow your career with Yello.
About The Role
How You'll Make An Impact
- Work with product and design teams to craft feature concepts
- Use your knowledge and experience to assess the design and technical feasibility of potential features
- Contribute to a modern modular UI by building reusable React components
- Aid in establishing new processes and standards as our company scales
What We're Looking For
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Experience with server-side CSS pre-processors, such as LESS and SASS
- Ability to troubleshoot browser compatibility issues and craft cross-browser solutions
- Basic understanding of UI/UX design principles
- Experience implementing responsive web designs
- Strong desire to learn new languages and technologies
- Proven ability to participate in multiple, concurrent projects
- 3+ years relevant professional experience
Helpful Skills (No required):
- Experience with React and related technologies (e.g., Redux)
- Understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Understanding of Ruby on Rails.
We are the trailblazers in our space and we continually strive to learn and grow, but there is always time to celebrate a colleague's birthday or a recent success. We dress casually, have one of the best views in the city and the whole team sports Apple laptops. Our CEO Jason Weingarten and President Dan Bartfield always have their office doors open. And with opportunities for professional advancement, medical, dental and vision insurance, and a 401K match – Yello has you covered.
- Yello is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Candidates local to Chicago are preferred.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be able to sit or stand for continuous periods of time
- This role frequently communicates/interacts with individuals, must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Yello reserves the right to assign or reassign the responsibilities and requirements to this job at any time