Front End Engineer at Neighborhoods.com
We use Lightweight Decision Records and peer review to effect change in how we build and ship software, what technologies we use, our processes, and how we organize. Any member of the organization can effect change using this system.
We strongly believe that The Best Solution can sprout from anywhere.
What are we looking for?
Engineers that are excited about experimentation, ownership and the best solutions. We take pride in the work we deliver and continually iterate on our ideas. As engineers we put a lot of emphasis on ownership and collaboration as a team.
- 3+ years of professional experience in Front End engineering
- Experience developing mobile first websites
- Experience working with services and asynchronous behaviors
- Experience with data types and software patterns
- Bachelor's Degree, vocational training, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
What would you be doing?
- Developing new features and technical designs for the product that you own
- Maintaining and improving the products you own
- Collaborating with designers, engineers, and product stakeholders to deliver technical solutions to complex problems
- Creating rich, interactive user-experiences with modern technologies with a focus on performance and maintainability
- Participating in code reviews, both of your code and of other team members
- Collaborating as a product team to experiment with new technologies
- Participating in our engineering culture, with an emphasis on contributing ideas, thoughts, and constructive feedback regarding the work of others on our team
- The standards: insurance, 401k with match, flexible PTO, and casual dress code
- Paid parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter program
- West Loop neighborhood (easy commute and lots of food options)
- Volunteer and charity opportunities
- Cold-brew coffee on tap
- Transparent and approachable leadership and management
- Help make a difference in the lives of homeowners across the country
Neighborhoods.com is an equal opportunity employer, of people from all different backgrounds, ethnicities, races, colors, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, and ages. We strive to foster an inclusive environment, that is comfortable for everyone. We will not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.