Front End Engineer
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare by empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions and engage patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country to build and contribute to our platform to improve patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization and are thrilled about the work that we do every day. We’re transparent, collaborative, and relentless in pursuit of our mission, all while doing so with humility and a low ego. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation and the community that we are creating is greater than any individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and modernly connected to internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement, and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
As a Front End Engineer at VillageMD, you will develop software to improve clinical outcomes and revolutionize how healthcare is delivered. We're in a unique position to impact everyone in primary care from independent, family-owned practices to premier health systems. We aggregate, process, and deliver rich data sets to improve the effectiveness of primary care for our doctors and patients. In this role, you will be instrumental in supporting and guiding our vision for enabling applications that reduce friction for clinicians instead of increasing it with unnecessary data input. As a lead engineer focused on user interfaces, you will be influencing every touch point we create including mobile, web, and voice, chatbot, as well as mentoring and guiding other engineers on user interface components.
What are examples of work that Full Stack Salesforce Engineers have done at VillageMD?
- Create must-have internal tools that our business uses to enable clinicians to have an insightful, yet invisible experience with our technology
- Write high fidelity software that is readable, maintainable and scalable
What will make you successful here?
- A real passion for problem solving and learning new technology
- Vision to balance speed and maintainability in solution design
- The ability to handle multiple, concurrent projects
- Excellent ability to create and implement requirements, keep projects on track, and engage constituents
- Challenging the status quo to improve our processes and tools
- Communicate complex technical details in meaningful business context
- A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
What you might do in your first year:
- Write a react app that visualizes the chronology of a patient’s clinical history
- Work with physicians to design the next generation of EMR interfaces
- Create a voice application to interact with docOS™, our operating system for primary care physicians
The following experience is relevant to us:
- 4+ years of full-time engineering experience
- ReactJS or Vue expertise
- Some experience with a server-side language that is NOT Node (Java/Python/C#/Ruby)
- Solid background in utilizing and integrating 3rd party integrations and application libraries with strict security requirements
- Experience with Webpack is required
- TypeScript experience is a plus, but not required
- Knowledge and interest in development for mobile applications (iPhones, iPads, and Android)
- Understanding of clinical and financial healthcare data is highly preferred
- Track record of successfully executing projects with multiple partners
- Experience mentoring and influencing team members
- BS/MS in computer science, math, engineering, or other related fields
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.