Front End Engineer
Otus is creating a culture of success while maximizing learning in the K-12 space. We do this by implementing amazing ideas from awesome people and we need more awesomeness on our team. Are you passionate, collaborative, love to geek out on technology, and want to work for a mission-driven company that is shaping the way teachers, students and parents of students learn together? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our diverse team consists of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders who share a variety of interests. You'll find musicians, world travelers, beer enthusiasts, nerds, sports fans, and all-around great people who shape our positive culture.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Front End Engineer to help bring the best possible software solutions to educators.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technologies, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to immediately contribute and see the results of your work in use by students, teachers, parents and district administrators across the country.
- Otus is building a next generation Platform for EdTech in order to support our transformative vision for K-12 education across the US and the globe.
- You will be part of a 3 person FrontEnd Framework team working in Angular. This team will focused on:
- Work across the organization to build out front end architecture that can scale to meet 1000s of requests in less than 1 second in smart and cost-effective ways
- Build out new UI features and maintain/improve existing ones
- Evolve our UI component library, standards and best practices to streamline development and ensure consistency across products
- Collaborate with product, engineering and design to iterate on experiments and product features that immediately impact our customers
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Lead cross functional initiatives and mentor and guide our engineering staff in the development of new and existing frontend technology
- Breadth - 5 years+ as a Front End engineer across multiple environments on SPA architectures in a B2C context.
- Skill - You have at least 1 project where you have led a large refactoring of an existing code base to be modern, modular, testable and fast.
- Scale - You have at least 2 projects where your front ends have seen regular high amounts of traffic (~2000 concurrent users) on a public cloud.
- Independence - You have worked on as a solo act on very small teams that move fast
- Impact - You achieve maximum results with minimal direction
- Ownership and accountability - You own the things that you build
- Drive - When you see a need, you fill a need. You can step in where you see a need and push us all forward
Nice to Haves
- React experience
- Node experience
- Babel, Webpack, TypeScript experience
- Micro-Frontend architecture experience
- Familiarity with microservice architectures running on Kubernetes
- Design and UX skill set/experience
- Open source contributions to major projects
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and professional development spending
- 20 PTO days a year, plus a day off for your birthday (or a loved one’s), an interest day (to do something you love), and paid holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave and great work/life balance
- Flexible hours and work from home policy so you can be at your most productive
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
- Working in arguably the best neighborhood in the city with the excellent food, drinks, coffee and donuts all within walking distance
- Working in an amazing office building with gym, rooftop deck, frequent social events, shuttle to and from train stations
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.