ActiveCampaign’s category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform helps over 120,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to hundreds of pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful orchestration, segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text. Over 70% of ActiveCampaign’s customers use its 300+ integrations including Shopify, Square, Facebook, Eventbrite, and Salesforce. ActiveCampaign scores higher in customer satisfaction than any other solution in both Marketing Automation and CRM All-In-One on G2.com.
As the fastest-growing SaaS company in Chicago, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 120,000 today to millions.
At ActiveCampaign product is at our core and drives our business, and we’re looking for self-motivated front-end engineers who are focused on building high-quality experiences in the browser that are as performant as they are delightful for our customers. Ideally, you have experience writing semantic markup, maintainable styles, working with APIs, and building and testing scalable JS applications with React. Above all, we value iteration, customer focus, and humility.
We believe front-end development is closely related to design, helping bring life to the product from a visual and interaction layer, and ultimately helping people solve their problems while bringing delight to their everyday lives. We also believe a well executed development process touches every part of the product, from accessibility to conversion, and everywhere in-between.
If you believe the same, we should chat!
What your day could consist of:
- Building beautiful, impactful, and purposeful user experiences without sacrificing quality or performance
- Leading modern front end technical design and implementation on projects involving a cross-functional team of design, engineering and product
- Proposing strategies to take existing front end applications built in older paradigms and reimplement them using current best practices
- Designing and developing libraries and frameworks that power our front-end
- Leveraging data to inform decisions and defining metrics to measure the success of new features
- Reviewing other engineers' code and mentoring them on front end best practices and patterns
- Helping define the front-end engineering standards for our organization
What is needed:
- Mid (at least 3 years) to senior level engineering skills in front end frameworks like React, Redux-Sagas, Typescript or other modern JS frameworks used to build scalable web applications
- Mastery of HTML and CSS and experience styling custom and isolated components
- Comfort working in both modern MVC/MVVM and older AMD/Mustache/jQuery environments, and experience with modernizing existing code to use current best practices in front end engineering
- Experience managing dependencies with a framework like npm or yarn
- Familiarity with frontend ops AWS (S3, CloudFront) and CI/CD
- Understanding of secure CRUD API development and integration
- Strong UX and Design sensibilities to build accessible and responsive products
- Experience building and debugging complex systems and ability to humanize complicated designs
- Relentless focus on our customer’s experience and attention to detail
- Previous experience generating HTML and CSS that is optimized for email is a plus
- Flexibility with changing scopes and priorities; we believe in iteration and work in a fast-paced industry
- Above all we value a positive attitude, self awareness, empathy and a team player with a continuous improvement mindset
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. We'll share all the details later on but in summary: comprehensive health and wellness benefits including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, open time off plan, generous 401(k) matching with no vesting, education budgets, ongoing learning and development, a proactive approach to diversity and inclusion, career pathing and lots of swag.
Check out more information on our benefits & perks here.