Front End Magento Development Lead at Rightpoint
Something Digital has recently joined forces with Rightpoint, a global experience leader and a Genpact company. Now called Rightpoint Commerce.
Genpact, a global professional services firm focused on delivering digital transformation, today announced the expansion of its experience business, Rightpoint, with the acquisition of Something Digital. The addition of Something Digital’s deep commerce expertise to Rightpoint’s customer experience leadership, will further enable the company’s ability to drive experience-led transformation at scale for clients across industries.
Something Digital is an interactive agency with offices around the US. We have spent close to 20 years developing customer software, eCommerce sites, intranets, and websites for diverse clients ranging from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
The Front-End Lead plays a key role in the day-to-day management and delivery of front-end deliverables (e.g. FE theming, performance, compilation, estimation, architecture) for Magento and Shopify projects, and in managing a team of 2-6 front end developers that will report to you. This role requires a technically proficient leader that has very strong team management, team mentoring, team development and overall client and team communication skills.
What You’ll Do & The Impact You’ll Make
- Lead Ecommerce projects, from design to delivery in collaboration with a Back End Technical Lead and a Project Manager / Scrum Master
- Break down business requirements into technical work plans and assign to front end development team members
- Guide your team members through one on ones, performance reviews, training plans, code review
- Assist in business development through estimation and approach planning
- Play a direct role in client communications and expectation/scope management
- Participate in requirements analysis and documentation, collaboration with Experience Design teams and development of acceptance criteria
- Work with project and account managers to build project plans and timelines
- Direct development methodology and guide the technical solution with the project team
- Contribute to and execute on processes and practices towards delivery excellence, team & client satisfaction.
- Supervise, mentor, hire and coach front end developers
- Track and manage team morale
- Provide career guidance, project support, and critical feedback
- Monitor team workload and utilization
- Participate in an On-Call (7AM to 11PM) emergency response rotation (Currently 3-4 weeks per year)
What We’d Love to See
- Significant years of Magento development. This is a MUST!!
- Significant number of years of delivering Magento commerce projects in a leadership or development capacity
- Client-facing experience
- Ability to communicate, produce documentation and prepare and lead client sessions
- Ability to sell technical concepts, sell our team and our capabilities to business partners
- Additional working experience with Sitecore Commerce, EPiServer, Commerce tools, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, or Shopify
- Expertise with:
- CSS (preprocessors such as Sass or Less)
- Magento theming and templating
- Front end performance / Google Core Web Vitals
- Nice to have experience
- React / Vue.js
- Babel / Grunt / Gulp / Webpack
- Shopify theme development
- Magento Page Builder customer content types
- Knowledge of agile principles – scrum, backlog, etc.
- Experience with an agency a plus
Apply if you:
- Are passionate about ecommerce, web experiences, and software development
- Have a love for process and exceptional attention to detail
- Enjoy a challenge and are eager to grow
- Enjoy fostering and developing strong relationships between the members of your team and client base to efficiently and effectively deliver upon project requirements
- Are excited to work on high traffic, high profile websites with complex requirements
- Are looking for a company that values training, skills development, and individual growth