Front End Software Developer at GiveSmart by Community Brands
Position at Community Brands
Community Brands is a software company that helps organizations achieve social good. Through our technology, we help more than 100,000 associations, nonprofits, schools, faith-based organizations, and partners grow stronger and achieve their missions. Like our clients, our nearly 2,000 employees strive to improve the world in which they live, and we believe that technology plays an important role in that. We are techies and volunteers who dream big and are motivated by more than just a cool job (though that’s a great perk we offer too). The Community Brands culture is one where employees can pursue this passion as part of their profession, and we’re looking for great employees to join us!
We are looking for a Front End Software Developer that wants to help build the world’s best mobile fundraising platform.
GiveSmart has helped nonprofits raise over $300M in our 5 years of existence, but we’re not stopping there. Our new Software Developer will be tasked with developing the next generation of GiveSmart’s platform to improve the experience of giving and raise more for our charity partners.
Our agile development process is designed to help our Software Developers succeed in writing elegant code and creating automated tests that validate requirements and avoid regression.
Everyone at GiveSmart is focused on running awesome events. In that spirit, our Software Developers enjoy working one event per quarter to experience the software they work on firsthand, and see how their work has a positive impact on the great causes our charity partners support.
This is a unique opportunity to join a successful and growing tech company with a surprisingly small team of developers. Our new Software Developer will be expected to play a big role in contributing to the technology that is at the core of our company.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to)
- Work with product managers, development team and business stakeholders to understand and define requirements.
- Complete all development tasks on time and with high quality.
- Write automated tests for all work.
- Actively participate in daily standup, bi-weekly project review and planning meetings.
- Aid support by responding quickly to help solve escalated support issues.
- Work 3 (weekend) nights per quarter as our technical point of contact for on-site staff.
- Work 1 (weekend) event per quarter as an Event Specialist.
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Solid understanding of Responsive Web Design, jQuery, Web Performance and API Integration
- An eye for good design
- Familiarity with developing cross-browser web apps
- Customer Focus
- Time Management
- Making Decisions
- Thinking Clearly & Analytically
- Organizing and Planning
- Identifying and Solving Problems
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities