PechaKucha (http://www.pechakucha.com) is the fastest-growing storytelling platform used by millions of people across the globe. Community Builders, Businesses and Educators use its famed 20-slide x 20-second format to share ideas and connect with others visually, concisely and memorably. Now PechaKucha is redefining authentic human connectivity leveraging its brand, deep social engagement and technology.
At the heart of PechaKucha is a simple presentation format: 20 slides that automatically advance every 20 seconds. Each slide is generally a single picture - something that’s easy to comprehend and not distracting. This format helps long-winded speakers engage audiences with a 6m 40s energetic short story on any topic. The format has spread globally through multi-speaker events called PechaKucha Nights.
Now in over 1,200 cities worldwide, across more than 136 countries, PechaKucha Nights provide a forum for people to share their creativity. These events are held monthly or quarterly and attract anywhere from 200 to 2,000 people to each event, depending on the city. Since 2003, three million people have attended PechaKucha events.
We’ve recorded over 16,000 of these presentations and currently share a subset of those on our website and mobile app (iOS only). We’re looking to expand this proven format to reach millions on a new technology platform. This is where you come in!
Our current website, mobile app, and pilot software make it easy to record PechaKucha presentations. It’s a good foundation, but those products are not ready to scale. We’re looking for you to come in, be one of our first hires, and help build-out our vision.
We’re talking some diverse products - user-facing website and mobile apps, SaaS solution for enterprise, and APIs to match. We’re also looking to revolutionize the way people share and experience live events online, blurring the line between the offline and online world. Think live streaming and virtual reality (at some point).
Being one of our early employees, you’ll work on big, complex problems that have global reach. You’ll help us to continue to build a company culture that’s based on hard work and having fun. You’ll help us change the world in a way that you and your family will always fondly remember!
- Create clean, effective and unit testable code for simple or complex user tasks.
- Work in an agile, rapid development and prototyping environment where effective communication is paramount.
- Contribute to building a positive, can-do, high-performance culture.
Desired Certifications / Qualifications:
- Stellar academic background with Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required, specializing in computer science, engineering or similar.
- 2+ years of experience in UI/Website development.
- Experience with using RESTful APIs.
- Strong proficiency with web related protocols and architectures (MVC, MVVM, REST APIs, JSON, HTTP)
- Experience with responsive web design and development.
- Experience with cross browser compatibility.
- Experience with developing progressive web apps.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Experience and desire to work within a fast-paced, iterative development environment.
- Experience with Agile development practices and concepts.
- Attention to UI and UX details.
We take equality seriously.
PechaKucha is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal opportunity employment without regard to race, religion, color, gender (including gender identity, change of sex and transgender status), sexual orientation, age, disability, ancestry, national origin, military or veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
This position and the tech team will be rooted in Chicago.
Apply by contacting [email protected]