ABOUT THE ROLE
Are you willing to come and shape the future of technology? At Liquid Studios we are part of Accenture innovation architecture working on helping companies understand how to apply bleeding edge technologies like AI, IoT or Blockchain to their business. You will be working on short projects (our engagements usually last less than 12 weeks) in Chicago’s West Loop at our state-of-the-art Innovation Hub.
We are looking for a Front-End Software Engineer to work with emerging technologies and continue to grow your skillset. You will work with clients to turn ideas into reality in a fast-paced environment using rapid development principles and microservice-based architectures. You will be working with the latest emerging technologies within artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, Augmented Reality, and conversation UX on the most exciting and state-of-the-art projects within Accenture.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- As a Front-end Developer you will be responsible of writing the code for expressive and innovative UI/UX of innovative applications in areas like blockchain, AI or IoT.
- Develop code to run on backend, web frontend, cloud, mobile and IoT devices
- Design, build, learn, and iterate using agile methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Create amazing proof of concepts and products that amaze your clients
- Work on cross-functional teams with UX designers and business strategist
- Participate in the daily scrums, sprint planning and retrospectives, design and code the front-end component of the user stories, unit test your code and commit it into the repository
- Coaching and Mentoring more junior members of the team
WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of professional hands-on Modern Web Architectures design including client/API architecture experience
- 2+ years working experience beyond academics in designing and development experience for multimodal applications: web, mobile, voice
- 2+ years’ experience and strong expertise in Node.js, React, and AngularJS
- 2+ year’s working experience with modern DevOps tools and workflows: Git, Github, Jira, Jenkins, light weight architecture, microservices
- 1+ year in Agile development (SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) and automated testing (behavior, unit, integration testing) experience
- API development experience, preferably using Node.js
- Experience working with AWS, GCP, Azure platform tools.
- Working knowledge in testing using TDD or BDD
- Expertise in any of the following languages or technologies: Java, R, or Python
- Installation, configuration of environments
- Extensive Exposure to Responsive Design frameworks
- Experience in developing high performing client-side applications
- Experience with AI, Machine learning, NLP, Computer Vision, IoT
- Data visualization experience ((Grafana, Kibana)
- A naturally curious person
- A fast learner continuously working on your coding skills on and off the clock
- Have a strong desire to push the boundaries of what is possible
- Have a fail fast and pivot mentality
- A team member who puts others first and gives energy to the team
ABOUT LIQUID STUDIOS
Liquid Studio residents and client guests collaborate on development of “new IT” solutions using liquid software development techniques, beginning with rapid prototyping and construction of business applications, and applying the latest in design thinking and Agile approaches to interactively assemble adaptive applications from modular, proven components.
Liquid Studios will also be able to take advantage of global centers of innovation to attract talent and creative energy from the ecosystem, creating an osmotic effect for experimentation using new tools and approaches and fostering an environment where new styles of working are combined with real-world challenges of building applications for the digital era.
Liquid Studio teams will also be able to tap into the power of Accenture’s broader ecosystem partnerships, Global Delivery Network and Accenture Digital capabilities. We have more than a decade of experience in Agile and DevOps along with Accenture tools and assets that can be leveraged to enable continuous liquid delivery.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a Federal Contractor and an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.