Front End Software Engineer (React) at CMG
Capital Markets Gateway Inc. (CMG) is a FinTech start-up specializing in creating SaaS products for workflow management and data analytics. Our clients are involved in the full capital markets trading life-cycle and include banks, asset managers and broker dealers.
CMG is creating a digital marketplace for the capital markets. We benefit from having a highly engaged user-base which enables us to constantly incorporate client feedback into our agile roadmap. Founded by three industry practitioners, our teams are based in Chicago, New York and Seattle.
Our Engineering Team
The CMG engineering team consists of domain experts who work collaboratively within a culture of cross-domain knowledge sharing. We value engineers who are passionate about modern technologies and best practices. Our engineers are willing to challenge the status-quo and are constantly seeking improvement and efficiency in our code-base and platform. CMG engineers are empowered to explore solutions and bring recommendations to the table. We’re in a period of making impactful engineering decisions. As part of our process, we believe in taking the time for research and prototyping - this is critical in making the right decisions.
Given the experience of our team, we have naturally adopted best practices from local development, through code review and into production rollouts. Pull requests, test automation, code coverage tracking, containerization, one-click deployments, and our planning process are just some of the foundational components for those best practices.
- React/Redux with TypeScript front end
- DotNetCore and Ruby on Rails back ends
- Terraform, Helm, Docker, Kubernetes Infrastructure
CMG is experiencing rapid growth and you won’t be the newest employee for long. We are being strategic in how we grow in order to ensure we remain organized and productive. CMG is adding to our Chicago engineering team and are searching for a front-end engineer. While this is a front-end position, you’ll have the opportunity to work across our modern stack, from infrastructure to UI. The person who joins our team will be encouraged and empowered to influence our architectural roadmap.
- Software Engineering: 4+ Years
- Modern CSS (i.e. flexbox, css-in-js, preprocessors)
- Unit and Component Testing (i.e. jest, mocha, jasmine, enzyme)
- Mobile App Development (i.e. react-native, ionic, iOS, Android)
- Ruby on Rails
- End to end testing (i.e. puppeteer, protractor, selenium)
- RESTful API creation and consumption
- Data Visualizations (i.e. d3, HighCharts, or other charting libraries)
- CI, CD, Git, Docker, and modern DevOps
- Financial Services related technologies (i.e. FIX protocol, order management systems)
- Competitive compensation
- Full Health, Dental and Vision benefits
- Flexible time off with remote option when needed
- Top-of-the-line MacBook Pros
- Strong startup culture with casual dress code, game area and more
- Our engineering offices are centrally located in Downtown Seattle & Chicago
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment. CMG is an equal opportunity employer.