Front-End Software Engineer at Amount
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:40 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, March 17, 2021
At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Mid Software Engineer to join our Front-End Engineering team. As a Front-end Developer, you will be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact within a web application, which makes your role crucial for the success of our business.
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
What you'll work on:
- Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely and automatically to production.
- Use frameworks like React and Angular to build world-class Single Page Applications
- Explore exciting new technologies like GraphQL and Progressive Web Apps
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, testing, teaching, but most importantly learning
- Contribute to open-source initiatives
What you might own:
- The Customer Application: The first experience the customer has with Amount. You’ll likely be looking for ways to optimize the funnel or improve the flow for potential or returning customers.
- The In Progress Dashboard: The customer’s next step in being approved for a product, where their identity, income and other factors are verified. You’ll likely be looking for ways to speed up the time between applying and issuing a decision.
- The Customer Dashboard: Where the customer spends all of their time after being approved for a product. You’ll likely be working on improving and introducing new self-service workflows, saving the customer and our specialists time.
- A variety of internal tools, including our Admin & Partner applications: You’ll work on saving the time of customer specialists, providing a great experience for our partners, and making internal processes more efficient.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- You enjoy building UIs with React, Typescript, and Webpack
- You care about performance and understanding the impacts on customers
- You are excited about refactoring and system design as we migrate to a service-based architecture and prepare for scaling and increasing data flow
- You are motivated by innovation and take pride in improving the experience of our customers
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
Amount delivers the technology that financial institutions need to build and enhance the digital experience.
Built by digital lending industry veterans, Amount helps partners go digital in months—not years. Amount empowers multi-product omnichannel retail banking experiences and a robust point-of-sale financing suite underpinned by core platform features including fraud prevention, verification, decisioning engines and account management.
Amount partners can optimize performance across product categories by tapping into various service offerings including customer acquisition, funnel and performance assessments, and risk analytics.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
In light of COVID-19, we have transitioned to working fully remote, within the United States, temporarily. We will continue to work remote in accordance with the CDC and local health authorities' recommendations. Please consider that this position will not be remote long-term and our expectation is that this individual will join us in our Chicago or LA office when it is safe to do so. Note: International work is not permitted at this time.
Enjoy each other's company over virtual happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!
Read Full Job Description