Front End Software Engineer at project44
Our mission is to usher in a new era of trust and predictability to transportation and logistics, but there’s still a lot of work to be done. The industry is massive, as is the opportunity. We’re looking for bright, ambitious individuals to join our growing global team and help us enable a more productive and successful world. We’re changing the way the world ships, and we’re looking for you to help us get there!
You are looking for your next position as an experienced Front End Software Engineer and you have a passion for User Experience and expertise needed to execute front end development for our product interfaces. This role will focus on building beautiful modular analytics experiences for our users.
What you’re most excited for:
- Collaboration with designers during composition phase
- Handoff from design compositions to Front End
- Close collaboration with Back End Engineers during development iterations
- Creating prototypes for proof of concept to support sales or otherwise
- Anticipating the differences in and coding for supported browsers and device platforms
Requirements: The experience you should have
- Knowledgeable in semantic HTML and responsive design
- Proficient in CSS Frameworks like Material Design and Bootstrap, familiar with CSS Preprocessors like Sass
- An impeccable eye for detail with the ability to match your UI to the design in a cross-browser environment
- Consideration of performance, reliability and scalability
- Good with build systems and task runners like Webpack and Rollup
- Awareness of the device and browser landscape
- Empathy for the end user
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an affinity for problem-solving
- Ability to self-manage during projects and proactively raise issues/concerns to the team
- Learn and adapt to new web technology and incorporate into production process
Nice-to-have: experience you have or are very excited to master!
- Experience with map-based UI components
- Building reusable, modular components for Analytics applications (D3.js, Apache Superset or similar)
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work everyday. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It's on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
For any needed accommodations during the hiring process, please email [email protected] Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continues to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we’ve created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.