Front-End Software Engineer
PowerReviews works with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to increase conversion and improve products and the customer experience with ratings and reviews and Q&A software. Ratings and reviews solutions from PowerReviews are essential for consumers as they search and shop online and in-store, and they are proven to increase online site-wide sales up to 17%.
As a member of the PowerReviews development team, you will design and develop software to achieve high performance, high usability, and high stability within the context of our infrastructure, business practices, market pressures, and planning cycles.
Using your advanced front-end development knowledge, you will lay the foundation for durable, forward-facing front-end applications. Working with product managers, designers, and other developers, you will help guide the direction of application development and be involved in all phases of the software lifecycle - from specification to design, coding, deployment, testing, and iteration.
- Architect Front-End Applications & Frameworks
- Work with product managers and designers to realize new application interfaces
- Assist back-end developers with the design of APIs and web services
- Write well-documented, modular code that can be changed easily in response to varying requirements
- Work with product managers to define priorities, requirements, and releases
- Ensure code quality by soliciting and participating code reviews with fellow front-end developers
- Ensure application quality by writing tests and designing test plans to be executed by the QA team
- Stay abreast of the latest front-end technologies, and contribute knowledge and expertise to the technology team
Requirements & Preferred Skills
- At least one year of professional web development experience with an appreciation for semantic, accessible HTML
- Professional experience with React JS
- Experience with application state management solutions eg Redux/MobX
- Proficiency in integrating with REST APIs
- Experience with CSS, CSS methodologies (BEM, SMACSS), preprocessor (LESS, SASS, PostCSS), responsive design, and cross-browser compatibility
- Experience working with and configuring front-end bundlers such webpack, browserify, rollup, parcel
- Exposure to server-side languages, such as Java, Ruby, or NodeJS
- Strong attention to detail, good communications skills, and a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Our Tech Stack
At PowerReviews we use lots of open source software and use Amazon Web Services (almost) exclusively. Our current stack consists of Linux, Java, Tomcat, Nginx, PostgreSQL, MySQL, ElasticSearch, React.js, Redux, Docker, and some Ruby on Rails. In AWS we make use of EC2, DynamoDB, RDS, Redshift, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Elasticache, (both Redis and Memcached), Elastic Map Reduce, and Cloudfront. Other stuff we use includes Sumologic, Datadog, Selenium, and Packer.
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.