Front-End Software Engineer
PowerReviews is a fast-growing software company who partners with more than 1,000 global brands and retailers to help them improve product and shopping experiences. Through user-generated feedback like reviews, Q&A, and customer surveys, PowerReviews connects the entire shopping experience giving both businesses and consumers critical information for making informed decisions.
As a member of the Front-End Engineering Team, you will be building tools that our clients use to analyze our user generated content. Around the globe daily, millions of shoppers interact with our platform to make smarter purchasing decisions.
About our Team:
- You enjoy working with well documented, modular code that can be changed easily to varying requirements.
- Working with back-end developers to help design APIs and web services is something that occurs naturally to you
- Collaborating with others is a daily highlight! We work in an open floor space, sitting in cross-functional scrum teams with a casual working environment
- You’ve got experience working closely with product managers to define priorities, requirements, and releases, and designers to realize new application interfaces
- Ensure application quality by writing tests and designing test plans to be executed by the QA team
- You’ve got at least one year of professional web development experience with an appreciation for semantic, accessible HTML
- Staying abreast of the latest front-end technologies, and contributing knowledge and expertise to the technology team is something that you enjoy
- Experience with application state management solutions eg Redux/MobX
- Experience with CSS, CSS methodologies (BEM, SMACSS), preprocessor (LESS, SASS, PostCSS), responsive design, and cross-browser compatibility
- Experience working with and configuring front-end bundlers such webpack, browserify, rollup, parcel
- Exposure to server-side languages, such as Java, Ruby, or NodeJS
- Strong attention to detail, good communication skills, and a positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
PowerReviews is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.