Front-End Web Application Developer
SPINS is seeking a world class Front-End Web Application Developer to build the face of our internal and customer facing web portals by utilizing the latest tools and techniques in front-end development.
Who we are.
For 20 years, our mission has been to increase the presence and accessibility of natural and organic products to encourage healthier and more vibrant living. By leveraging SPINS’ industry-leading proprietary data and analytics, our technology enables deeper, more engaged relationships between Retailers, Brands and Consumers through our platform, web, and mobile products. At the core of our work lies a passion to create a culture of sustainable health & wellness.
What you will do.
As a Front-End Web Application Developer, you will work with a team that is using the latest technologies in AI, ML, and Cloud Computing to build a world class platform that will be the market leader in our field. You will help build out a front-end framework for the platform using your stills in best modern web technologies.
- Developing a front-end framework and architecture for our web-based platform.
- Designing and developing webpages that meet UX best practices.
- Writes clear and concise technical documentation and user guides.
- Employ web development best practices including code-reviews, coding best practices, design best practices, and continuous learning on the dynamic changes to the web development industry.
What you bring.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field (or work equivalent)
- 6 years development experience using web technologies
- Experience working with restful API’s and AJAX.
- Fundamental knowledge of webpage and UX design.
- Experience with source control. Git experience a plus.
- Experience with at least one server-side scripting language.
- Experience working on an enterprise level project.
- Experience working with continuous integration.
- Optional experience:
- Database experience (relational and/or NoSQL)
- Cloud experience (especially Google Cloud Platform)
- Scrum or other Agile development process
- Photoshop or another image design tool
The SPINS Way: The right candidate for us will be…
- Vibrant – You’re passionate about doing meaningful, impactful work.
- A Disruptor – You’re not afraid to do things differently
- Connected – You work well as part of a team, and you build strong relationships with colleagues
- Be Yourself – We are open & honest with each other; we take responsibility for our actions, and for our work
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k (Traditional and Roth) plus company match
- FSA for medical and dependent care expenses
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Bike storage
- Fresh and healthy snacks
- Vibrancy 360 Wellness Program: Yoga and fitness classes, onsite massage, volunteer opportunities, company happy hours, product demos, outings, and more.