What we’re building and why we’re building it.
Fetch is a build-first technology company creating a rewards program to power the world. Over the last 5 years we’ve grown from 0 to 7M active users and taken over the rewards game in the US with our free app. The foundation has been laid. In the next 5 years we will become a global platform that completely transforms how people connect with brands.
It all comes down to two core beliefs. First, that people deserve to be rewarded when they create value. If a third party directly benefits from an action you take or data you provide, you should be rewarded for it. And not just the “you get to use our product!” cop-out. We’re talkin’ real, explicit value. Fetch points, perhaps.
Second, we also believe brands need a better and more direct connection with what matters most to them: their customers. -- Brands need to understand what people are doing, and have a direct line to be able to do something about it. Not just advertise, but ACT. Sounds nice right?
That’s why we’re building the world’s rewards platform. A closed-loop, standardized rewards layer across all consumer behavior that will lead to happier shoppers and stronger brands.
The Role!We are looking for a Frontend Engineering Leader who will build and maintain world class web applications for our internal and external partners working directly with our backend services. Success in this role requires the ability to take on challenging problems while designing and developing amazing solutions with a user-centric focus.In your tool-bag:
Fetch Rewards is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- Flexibility to implement a feature from either a highly specific design OR a bare bones idea that needs thought & iteration
- Ability to strike the right balance between product design and technology to create the best possible solution
- Familiarity with functional and/or object-oriented programming
- Ability to optimize poorly performing code.
- Ability to explain both short and long-term solutions with trade-offs
- Effective communication, including the ability to translate and explain technical issues to non-technical team members
- A passion for advancing architecture by leveraging the right tools and processes for high quality software that scales and can be iterated on
- A desire to lead by example and mentor other frontend engineers
- The ability to understand and maintain existing repositories while advancing the architecture and eventually replacing outdated legacy web applications
- Expert in with component development and component lifecycle
You have experience with:
- Required: Leading robust full-stack tech teams
- Required: 5 plus years experience
- Front end frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, Svelt)
- Front end Styling and layout (CSS, HTML, Sass or Less)
- Design System Implementation
- Responsive UI Design
- Application State Management
- Understanding of asynchronous systems
- Version control system (Git)
- Test writing and quality assurance
- Experience with websockets
- Messages queue and event streaming (Kafka, Kinesis, Redis Streams)
- Continuous development
- Experience with the automation of testing, building, and deploying frontend solutions
- Data-Driven Design
- Charting, Dashboarding, and Report Generation
- Asynchronous or Reactive Programming
- In-memory data stores and caches (Redis, Memcache)
- Understanding of the complexity and failure domains of micro-services and distributed architectures, and how these can impact end-user experiences.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science, engineering or mathematics
- Love of Dogs! . . . Or just tolerance. We're a very canine-friendly workplace.