Frontend Software Engineer at Chowbus
Chowbus is a fast growing, well-funded food startup headquartered here in Chicago on a mission to help diners to discover new and exquisite dishes, and to give traditional mom and pop restaurants a fighting chance to succeed without compromising who they truly are. By building a super app, our goal is to be the one stop shop for everything related to food.
What You'll be Doing
You will be participating in planning, designing and developing user interfaces and front-end applications across different Chowbus business domains using ReactJs and related libraries such as Redux.
What You Should Already Have
- Minimum 2-3 years of development experience with modern frontend frameworks, preferably ReactJS or VueJS
- Experience with frontend state management technologies such as Redux/Vuex.
- Experience with frontend building tools such as Webpack or similar technologies.
- A strong mindset of optimization and pay attention to performance.
- Understanding that every piece of code written incurs a 'cost of carry', and that over-engineering is the bane of all evil. You should also have experience working in teams that practice Agile.
- Experience with Docker is a plus.
- Experience with SSR or SEO is a plus.
What We’ll Hook You Up With
Code thoroughly reviewed in every single PR.
Competitive market salary and stock options, based on experience
Comprehensive health, dental and vision plans
Daily free lunch and free food and beverages in the office
Chowbus is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.