Frontend Software Engineer
Take your career to new heights working with an amazing company doing next level work in the FinTech industry.
Since 2012, Avant has connected customers to over $5 billion through 800,000 transactions and counting. In 2015, Avant leveraged our expertise and developed Amount as a new solution for banks who wanted to go digital in months instead of years. As an industry-leading technology company, Amount has grown rapidly with customers who collectively manage close to $1T in US assets and are servicing more than 25 million customers. To better align each company for future success Amount and Avant have made the decision to separate, becoming independently operating companies in order to focus each on their long term growth and goals.
Come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors as we continue to reinvent and innovate the consumer lending industry with groundbreaking and savvy solutions!
We are looking for an ambitious and self-driven Front-end Software Engineer to join our team. As a Front-end Developer, you will be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact within a web application, which makes your role crucial for the success of our business.
What you do at Amount:
- Work with other engineers and technical product managers to write, test, and deploy your code safely and automatically to production. We deploy multiple times a day
- Use frameworks like React and Angular to build world-class Single Page Applications
- Explore exciting new technologies like GraphQL and Progressive Web Apps
- Be a part of a strong culture of ownership, pragmatism, and testing
- Experience a culture that treats engineers as both teachers and students, and encourage this by presenting weekly Lunch and Learns, hosting hackathons, and attending conferences
- Contribute to open-source initiatives
What you might own at Amount:
- The Customer Application: The first experience the customer has with Amount. You’ll likely be looking for ways to optimize the funnel or improve the flow for potential or returning customers.
- The In Progress Dashboard: The customer’s next step in being approved for a product, where their identity, income and other factors are verified. You’ll likely be looking for ways to speed up the time between applying and issuing a decision.
- The Customer Dashboard: Where the customer spends all of their time after being approved for a product. You’ll likely be working on improving and introducing new self-service workflows, saving the customer and our specialists time.
- A variety of internal tools, including our Admin & Partner applications: You’ll work on saving the time of customer specialists, providing a great experience for our partners, and making internal processes more efficient.
Why you are a fit for Amount:
- You enjoy building UIs with React, Redux, Typescript, and Webpack
- You care about performance and understanding the impacts on customers
- You are excited about refactoring and system design as we migrate to a service-based architecture and prepare for scaling and increasing data flow
- You are entrepreneurial, self-driven, and take pride in improving the experience of our customers
- You have strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals
- You thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts and enjoys working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
Why Amount is a fit for you:
- We have a thriving culture and possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- We value, support, and help each other grow
- We are ready to hustle and get sh!t done
- We are committed to active inclusion and diversity
- We offer the flexibility needed to thrive in a new and growing company
Benefits and Perks:
- Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
- Looking for parental leave? We offer 10 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Enjoy a lunch subsidy, healthy snacks, and our Coca-Cola Freestyle machine!
- We offer medical, dental, and vision benefits plus an Employee Assistance Program.
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too.
- Commuter benefits and 401k are also part of the package!
Read Full Job Description