Full Stack Developer
Cloud5 Communications connects hotel guests and staff using fast, reliable, user-friendly data and voice communications. The unique combination of hospitality expertise and a holistic technology platform is what sets us apart. And our obsession to deliver excellence at every step in the client relationship is what fuels our growth, allowing us to serve more than 4,000 hotels and touch over 1,000,000 users each day. As the pioneer of high speed internet for travel and hospitality clients, we’re leading innovation in the areas of cloud-based PBX/VOIP as well as WAN/LAN management with the goal of delivering guests a “just like home” connectivity experience that boosts guest satisfaction and loyalty for our clients.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to lead efforts related to the underlying architecture of our web applications, helping us further develop our proprietary Cloud5 software platform ensuring system scalability, security and reliability. This role provides guidance to our Software Engineers, works closely with our Network Engineers and System Admins.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, but are not limited to:
- Support our team by managing, optimizing, and customizing multiple web applications
- Manage multiple projects and competing priorities, taking projects from conception to completion
- Serve as a high-level technical adviser for the management team by providing programming perspective and effective solutions for specific client needs
- Communicate service concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Extend existing or develop new code base using proven best-practice patterns and coding standards
- Assist in the coaching and development of Software Engineers and other members of our tech team
- Design software solutions with PHP to meet business requirements
- Write clean, high performing and well documented code that aligns with business goals
- Conduct and participate in code reviews
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology or equal experience
- Strong background (5+ years preferred) in LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) stacks, as well as web development and website maintenance experience
- Experience with ELK (Elastisearch (AWS), Logstash, Kibana) stacks
- Extensive experience/knowledge of object-oriented PHP 5.x development
- Ability to write moderately complex queries, including stored procedures, views, and triggers
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs, and lift frequently
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds occasionally
DESCRIPTION OF WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Generally works in an office environment but may occasionally be required to perform job duties outside of the typical office setting.