Full Stack Developer at ThinkMarkets
ThinkMarkets is seeking a Full Stack Java Developer to join our growing Chicago office. This role will allow you to become a key team member of our development teams. You will work alongside our global team of developers to achieve overall operational objectives.
- Participate in detailed requirements, design, development, documentation and integration efforts in an Agile Software Development environment.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle, ensuring the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications.
- Developing scalable, mission-critical web applications and services using modern tools and architectures.
- Leading development code reviews to ensure that the code being delivered is clean and efficient.
- Responsible for mapping the business requirements to technical requirements to ensure they are in line with the enterprise architectural plan.
- Be accountable for effectiveness, quality, and timeliness of project design decisions.
- Research and evaluate alternative solutions and deliver proposals that meet business needs.
- Performs and oversee application release processes.
- Continually evaluate development standards and processes to identify improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with management and stakeholders.
- Understand and communicate technology and industry trends and roadmaps.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to problems.
- Responsible for resolution of assigned production issues.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree, with emphasis on technology.
- 5+ years of experience in enterprise web software development.
- Advanced proficiency with the following technologies: Java 8, Spring Framework, Hibernate ORM, Docker, Sql Server, MySql.
- Experience with REST & SOAP APIs.
- Project management skills; proven leadership ability.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines.
- Expertise with mocking frameworks, automated build & unit testing.
- Experience with scaling and performance tuning of web applications.
- Experience with internationalization of websites and payment processing.
- Understanding of physical deployment of software across multiple tiers and network topologies.
- Experience with industry standard information protection, data security guidelines, secure coding techniques & best practices.
- Experience with mobile development a plus.
- Financial Services industry experience preferred.