At Amount we have a thriving culture and possess a truly entrepreneurial spirit. We value innovation and individual voices, we are committed to active inclusion and diversity, and we support each other's growth. Most importantly, we’re always ready to hustle!
If you’re ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment, come join an organization with visionary leadership and FinTech disruptors. With your help, we will continue to reinvent banking by helping our Amount platform partners innovate and digitize their banking products and services!
Amount is excited to announce the recent strategic acquisition of LinearFT, a leading small business banking technology provider. Learn more about the acquisition here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220201005132/en/Amount-acquires-Linear-Financial-Technologies
Amount, a leading technology provider for financial institutions, is growing and we are looking for ambitious and self-driven Software Engineers to join our team. You will be responsible for implementing partners on our platform and developing custom solutions that power the processing of financial services transactions.
Our teams are cross-functional, and own delivery from end-to-end. The ideal candidate is a generalist - comfortable working across both front-end and backend, and even sometimes data and DevOps disciplines. If you are a “T-shaped”, specialized generalist that can anchor a particular discipline within a team, but you are also comfortable operating outside of a single expertise, you will be a great fit with the engineering culture at Amount.
Similar job titles: Software Engineer, Associate Software Engineer, Software Developer, Associate Software Developer
- Responsible for full stack development using Ruby on Rails and React
- Responsible for design, building and implementation of SaaS applications
- Participating in the design, documentation and creation of scalable and secure software
- Proficient in both frontend and backend languages, frameworks and databases
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Define, document, and communicate technical requirements
- Must have the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills to interact with cross functional teams
- Good Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 3+ years of web application development experience
- 2+ years of programming experience using Ruby on Rails, Java, or Python
- Experience with databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL and Presto
- Experience with optimizing database queries
- Experience with modern microservices architecture
- Understanding of accessibility and security compliance
- Experience with RESTful Web Services, APIs, and asynchronous data flow
- Write unit, integration and functional test for Rails
- Demonstrated ability to work with clients, UI/UX design and back-end developers
- Demonstrated expertise in continuous integration/delivery/deployment
- Experience with Git/GitHub version control
- Prior experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes (Containers and Orchestration)
- Cloud development experience with AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud
Amount delivers the technology that financial institutions need to build and enhance the digital experience.
Built by digital lending industry veterans, Amount helps partners go digital in months—not years. Amount empowers multi-product omnichannel retail banking experiences and a robust point-of-sale financing suite underpinned by core platform features including fraud prevention, verification, decisioning engines and account management.
Amount partners can optimize performance across product categories by tapping into various service offerings including customer acquisition, funnel and performance assessments, and risk analytics.
Optimistic: We believe technology has the power to improve the financial lives of everyone.
Teamwork: We make the best technology work for our clients by working together.
Risk Aware: We understand the impacts of each and every decision we make in our high risk industry.
Integrity: We work honestly and undivided in our commitment to make more possible.
Eager: We are self-starters, fully engaged and committed to pushing great ideas forward quickly and responsibly.
Respectful: We honor diversity, value inclusion, and create an environment of belonging for people of all backgrounds.
Committed: We are dedicated to the highest standard for our partners, their customers, and our people.
Curious: We seek to understand the core of each problem, enabling us to find the right solution.
Benefits and Perks:
Enjoy each other's company over happy hours, yoga and meditation sessions, lunch and learns, team demo days, game nights, and more!
Take the time you need when you need it through our Flexible PTO policy.
Save $$ on taxes by using our commuter and transit benefits! We also have a bike storage room available onsite.
Take advantage of our comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision coverage, 401(k), parental leave, HSA match, and an Employee Assistance Program.
Interested in having a stake in Amount? We offer a meaningful equity program.
Have a pet? Then, we're paws-itively certain you're going to love our My Pet Protection plans.
Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance are options too!