Full Stack Engineer at RedShelf
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective through the use of digital instructional resources. Partnering with more than 400 publishers and 1,900 campuses nationwide, we provide leading-edge digital course materials and an end-to-end Content Delivery System for effortlessly distributing those materials.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the product team to understand the problem that is being asked to solve
- Actively participate in daily standups, project breakdown meetings, estimation meetings, and retrospective meetings
- Proactively monitor the performance of the tools that you’re responsible for
- Be an advocate for best practices, development strategies, and new software packages that can advance our software platform
- Be a team player that helps with Code Reviews, chips in with QA, helps others with solutioning, and understands that we succeed as a team
- Writing clean, reusable, and documented code
- Accept stories/tasks into a sprint with confidence that they will be completed at the end of the sprint
- 4+ years of full stack development experience
- Experience with different web Frameworks like Django (preferred), Flask, Spring Boot, Laravel, etc
- 4+ years working with complex RESTful APIs
- Experience with different databases / types (PostgreSQL, Redis, MySQL, MongoDB, etc) and database / schema design
- Proven track record of building successful full-stack applications, products, or platforms
- Have an understanding of how to apply application debugging, performance profiling, and code/application optimization
- Creative thinker with the ability to shift gears quickly
- Must be a good citizen of the company and always be willing to help in any way
- Have a sense of urgency and feeling of ownership over what you are assigned to
- Have excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Other Desirable Skills/Experience:
- Experience working with the IMS LTI / LMS Standards in past roles
- Experience working with OAuth 2.0 in past roles
- Background and/or experience in educational technology and/or publishing
- Experience in working across multiple teams, onshore and offshore
- Comfort and/or experience in a startup environment
Founded in 2012 and recently named one of the nation’s fastest-growing private businesses by Inc. Magazine, RedShelf is a Chicago-based EdTech company helping to make education both more affordable and more effective by replacing yesterday’s pricey print publications with today’s more dynamic yet far less expensive digital content. Partnering with more than 400+ publishers and 640+ campuses nationwide, we offer leading-edge digital course materials and a seamless, end-to-end Content Delivery System for effectively distributing those materials.
RedShelf prides itself on maintaining an informal but fast-moving, hard-working, entrepreneurial culture. Our team members are smart, innovative, and passionate about improving education through digital technology.
We offer the best of both worlds: the energy and opportunity of a rapidly-growing organization, coupled with the stability of an extensive client base, strong financial backing, and proven track record of success. In addition to a forward-thinking environment with ample opportunity for professional and personal growth, our team members enjoy competitive compensation and benefit packages, including company stock options.
RedShelf is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, individuals with a disability, veterans, and others who would enrich the diversity of RedShelf are encouraged to apply.