Reverb is the largest online marketplace dedicated to buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
We believe that music makes the world a better place, which is why our mission is to make the world more musical. Through Reverb Gives, a portion of every sale provides youth music education programs across the world with instruments they need to make music.Job Description
About Engineering at Reverb
We build primarily in Ruby/Rails, Python, Go and React, but we value identifying the right language/framework for the job. We believe in fast feedback cycles, pragmatic code, continuous deployment, and validating our ideas in production as soon as we can.
Our teams are highly collaborative and empowered to make a better experience for our customers. We rely on our ability to work as a team and incorporate different perspectives in order to ship meaningful and impactful software to our users.
About the Role
This is a full-time position reporting to the Engineering Manager of our Full Stack teams. We are open to remote hires within multiple states, with preference for candidates located in Chicago, IL. For candidates who will work remotely visit this link for a list of approved locations.
Here are the qualities we look for in our potential hires:
Product ownership – we are not just software engineers. At Reverb, you’ll be encouraged to follow the performance of features you release, talk to product and design, fix bugs, and understand your impact on the business.
Self-motivation - taking the initiative to get things done by finding ways around potential roadblocks and proactively working with other team members to find right-sized solutions.
Learning and Teaching - you are someone who likes participate in code reviews and mentor other engineers directly. You also enjoy new challenges and learning new things to help you do your work more effectively.Qualifications
- 2+ years of professional experience with web technologies and applicable RDBMSes. (We mainly use Ruby on Rails, Typescript, and Postgres.)
- Solid understanding of your chosen languages and frameworks, but curiosity and ability to ramp up on new technologies quickly when called for.
- Experience with unit testing (whether TDD, BDD, or spike it first and test it later) and a desire to push everyone to do better.
- Great communication skills and the desire to collaborate across departments and with customers.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Redis, Docker - huge pluses.
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include but are not limited to the following:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A generous PTO policy that includes vacation, sick/mental health days plus 11 paid holidays and two floating holidays.
- 18 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Paid sabbatical program
- Ways to give back to your community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!