As the world’s leading sports data and technology company, STATS powers sports. We are trusted by more than 800 clients around the globe to enhance fan engagement and maximize team performance by analyzing sports data from more than 100,000 games a year with unrivaled speed and accuracy. We power sports on and off the field through data feeds, video analysis, sports content and research, player tracking through STATS SportVU®, and customizable digital solutions.
For more information, go to www.stats.com and follow STATS on Twitter @STATS_Insights.
What You’ll Do:
• Contribute to all aspects of the services and applications under the team’s ownership, which includes design, implementation, refactoring, automated testing, deployment, and uptime of the services.
• Improve internal team processes by keeping what's working, throwing away what's not.
• Collaborate on the vision of the services and applications under the team's ownership.
• Understand differences between multiple delivery platforms, such as mobile vs. desktop, and optimizing output to match the specific platform.
• Understand user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments.
• Build technology the right way; for us, this means simple, well-tested services and tools that gradually grow over time, and that provide plenty of insight into production usage and performance.
• Help other team members grow as engineers through code review, pairing, and mentoring.
• Create unit and acceptance tests, in collaboration with the Quality Assurance team
What You’ll Need:
• 3-5 years of relevant back-end software development experience.
• Strong software development fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, problem solving, OO Design, and system architecture).
• Proven ability to carry a feature from start to finish; including prototypes, design specifications, constructive coding, unit testing, and bug fixing.
• Good diagnostic, analytical, design and communication skills.
• Ability to craft simple and elegant solutions to complex problems.
• Knowledge of at least one of the following - Java, C# and/or other Object Oriented Programming Languages.
• Experience with Node.js microservice development.
• Experience with Python scripting.
• Experience with Agile development processes.
• BS in Computer Science or related experience.
• Familiarity with Oracle or other relational databases.
• Familiarity with MongoDb, Redis or other NoSQL databases.
• Experience with Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket).
• Experience with CI/CD workflows and tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, and/or AppVeyor.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.