Why join us?
OppLoans is a socially-responsible, profitable FinTech company that has grown 2000% over the last 3 years, and is backed by a global investment firm with $106 billion AUM.
- Recent accolades include being named 1 of the fastest-growing companies in the USA by Inc. Magazine’s list of 500, 3rd fastest-growing startup by Built In Chicago, and 6th best company to work for by Glassdoor.
- Customers love our product! We have been widely recognized as having the best customer experience in the industry. See what our borrowers are saying on Google and the BBB!
- Employees love working here. We have an entrepreneurial and dynamic startup culture that also cares for our employees. Check out our Glassdoor reviews!
What you get to do:
As a Software Engineer, you will assist in the full stack development of our applications and services for our rapidly expanding product portfolio. Specifically, the Software Engineer will design the UI to enhance the customer experience, improve, develop & maintain customer facing web products and support backend services. We are looking for a Software Engineer that is proficient with the React framework. In addition, you will get to…
- Collaborate with Business Operations and the Quality Engineering teams to ensure the code is well designed within an Agile framework. In addition, partner with these teams to contribute to architecture and various development environments as needed.
- Perform code reviews, unit testing, integration testing, documenting and implementing software best practices.
- Continue to learn new tools, languages, and mentor other junior members as the organization and team grows.
What you will bring to the team:
As a Software Engineer, we are seeking those who can effectively collaborate and communicate with various teams and work independently. A successful member of our team will learn and understand the overall business objectives. The Software Engineering team is contributing to the overall development and improvement of the services/products we provide for our customers.
- Experience interpreting & refining business objectives into actionable requirements, having delivered large scale projects from concept to production.
- At least 1-2 years of experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavior-driven development (BDD) experience using Rspec and Cucumber.
- At least 1-2 years of web development experience using HTML5 / CSS3 / JS
- At least 1-2 years of experience with React.js and its ecosystem.
- At least 1-2 years of experience building out Restful API’s and consuming 3rd party API’s.
- Experience executing deliverables within an Agile environment.