We’re looking for Software Engineers with experience building high-throughput, data-intensive services. As a member of the App Ecosystem teams, you will not only help build integrations but also design, plan, and deliver new features to our public framework that enables external platforms and engineers to build their own integrations with ActiveCampaign. Our ideal candidate has built services within a horizontally scalable cloud architecture, but we’ll consider candidates with any experience. We value iteration, customer focus, and humility above all.
What Your Day Could Consist Of
- Lead technical discovery and design efforts on large upcoming projects and initiativesLeverage Python, Django, Flask, and FastAPI to build beautifully architected microservices and API endpoints
- Work with cloud native stack, build on AWS, use technologies like Kubernetes and Kafka
- Have a multiplicative impact on the team by helping other engineers grow their skills and competencies
- Work as part of a cross-functional team collaborating with teams such as Product, Security, DevOps, SRE, and DataOps to build and improve the ActiveCampaign platform, and drive the team to design and build new features and advanced capabilities
- Recommend and implement guide high impact and far reaching backend architecture decisions
- Produce quality, tested code, and help define coding standards and best practicesIdentify opportunities to improve native integration reliability, stability, and performance by creating technical proposals and implementation plans
- Fix bugs, identify and resolve root causes
- Participate in planning and stand-up meetings
- Contribute to code and design reviews
What Is Needed
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Relentless focus on our customer’s experience
- Experience working with scalable, cloud-native services, preferably in AWS
- Experience with an object oriented language (Python, PHP, Java, etc.) and a relational database. Python experience is a plus
- Experience with distributed system designs and microservices-based architectures is a plus (event streaming, message queuing, pub/sub messaging, etc)
- Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledgeable in best practices for automated testing of full stack applications
- Experience setting up and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
We are a category-defining Customer Experience Automation Platform (CXA) that helps over 150,000 businesses in 170 countries meaningfully engage with their customers. The platform gives businesses of all sizes access to 600+ pre-built automations that combine email marketing, marketing automation, CRM, and machine learning for powerful segmentation and personalization across social, email, messaging, chat, and text.
As a global multicultural company, we are proud of our inclusive culture which embraces diverse voices, backgrounds, and perspectives. We don’t just celebrate our differences, we believe our diversity is what empowers our innovation and success. You can find out more about our DEI initiatives here.
As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in the world, we are scaling rapidly to keep up with market demand. We are growing all of our teams and looking for people who share our values, deliver innovation frequently, and join us in our mission to grow our customer base from 150,000 today to millions. We have been ranked #4 Best Place to Work on Built In Chicago in 2021, a best workplace for remote employees by Quartz and received recognition as a great place to work across all of our regions, and continue to be globally recognized for our employee-centric culture here.
Perks and benefits:
ActiveCampaign is an employee-first culture. We take care of our employees at work and outside of work. You can see more of the details here, but some of our most popular benefits include:
-Comprehensive health and wellness benefits (including no premiums for employees on our HSA plan, telehealth and tele-mental health, and access to the Calm app for mediation)
-Open paid time off
-Generous 401(k) matching with no vesting
-Generous stipend to outfit your remote office
-Career growth including access to personal and professional coaching through Udemy
-Access to life coaches via Modern Health
ActiveCampaign is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, pay, grow and promote no matter of gender, race, color, sexual orientation, religion, age, protected veteran status, physical and mental abilities, or any other identities protected by law.
Our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) strive to foster a diverse inclusive environment by supporting each other, building a strong sense of belonging, and creating opportunities for mentorship and professional growth for their members.