Full Stack Software Engineering Manager
ServiceNow is the world’s most innovative company, ranked #1 by Forbes. (https://www.forbes.com/innovative-companies/list/?linkId=52304714). We are changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before. Our products lines are diverse and robust. The Enterprise Cloud is dynamic, scalable to billions of transactions weekly, and global in scope and size.
Join the Platform Engineering team and work with a talented group of developers building out next generation technologies in the ServiceNow cloud platform. Be responsible for the platform innovation, architecture and features, and that make ServiceNow a powerful platform used by many Fortune 500 companies.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
What we are looking for:
You are a software manager who is;
- Passionate about building great developer experiences
- Inspiring and effective at leading and motivating a group of talented engineers
- Excellent at executing the delivery of high quality releases on time
You will lead a team that will delight our customers’ and partners’ developers and administrators by automating the development and deployment processes as well as the feedback loops that make DevOps possible on the ServiceNow Enterprise Cloud.
What you get to do in this role:
- Lead a group of talented engineers working on full stack Java software development.
- Hire and grow the team in Chicago.
- Be a leader in executing our Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and DevOps visions.
- Execute the delivery of high quality releases on time.
Best of all, you get to help shape the culture of ServiceNow’s newest development office in Chicago.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- 8+ years of software industry experience with 1-3 years of experience as a manager leading software developers
- Experience in building and delivering Web 2.0 applications that utilize a relational database
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
This position is based in Chicago, IL with occasional travel (10-15%) to ServiceNow offices around the world.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.