Full Stack Web App Developer
Chowly Inc is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Full Stack Developer to join our Plaunch and Aperitif product teams. We are in the process of a major re-architecture of a successful product, while continuing to invest in new innovation, all with an established and growing customer base. As an integral part of an agile, close-knit development team, you will create world class web applications to help owners and internal staff manage menu mapping and real time reporting in a distributed, multiplatform, enterprise environment. You will have the opportunity to work with a range of technologies and platforms, and to contribute to all phases of development. To thrive in this role you will need to be an excellent communicator and a team player with great interpersonal skills.
Who You Are
- You are a sharp, experienced Full Stack developer with strong problem solving skills.
- You are talented, detail oriented, enthusiastic and passionate about development.
- You can grasp tough issues quickly and deliver well engineered, high quality solutions
- You are a strong team player, a leader, a critical thinker, and a great communicator
- You enjoy creating new solutions and seeing them through their lifecycle
- You enjoy being respected, supported and being part of a great team that has the autonomy and space to do things the right way
- Evolve existing web applications to improve scalability, performance, and security.
- Design simple and elegant user experiences.
- Work collaboratively with the Scrum Team to turn product ideas into great software.
- Champion product and process improvements.
- Work with Quality Assurance to forge testable, performant, robust software.
- Work with technical support to troubleshoot and resolve customer issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing and maintaining enterprise software.
- Expert knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and advanced server-side development skills.
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Strong knowledge of HTML 5, CSS and JS.
- Development experience with contemporary databases; any of Postgres, MySQL, MS-SQL and Mongo DB.
- The discipline required to write good unit tests and experience doing so
- Experience working on a small, agile team using version control, a bug tracking system, etc.
- Willingness to work with equal enthusiasm in the full stack from the web client to the back end.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and are an equal opportunity employer. Benefits include:
- Unlimited paid time off (PTO) days to be used at employee’s discretion
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing organization
- Flexible work schedules
- Free coffee, tea and hot chocolate
- Health and dental insurance, and vision plan
- Dress in casual attire and work in a modern, comfortable office.
About Chowly, Inc.
Chowly is on a mission to simplify restaurant technology. We believe that all systems should communicate with the “brain” of the restaurant, the Point-of-Sale System. Currently, Chowly integrates Third-Party Delivery Orders (TOOS) to the POS system in the restaurant. Third-Party Delivery platforms such as UberEats, Doordash and many more, are growing at a rapid rate in the restaurant space with projected revenue totals of $73 billion dollars by 2020. Instead of restaurant employees manually entering delivery orders from one to twelve tablets around the POS, Chowly, automatically confirms delivery orders, integrates those orders into the POS system and sends them directly to kitchen printers all within 15 seconds of a customer placing an order. Chowly, the market leader in the TOOS to POS integration space, currently helps restaurants streamline the delivery process and simplify technology in over 200 cities across the US, Canada and Mexico