Full Stack Web Engineer - Client Services
Otus is creating a culture of success while maximizing learning in the K-12 space. We do this by implementing amazing ideas from awesome people and we need more awesomeness on our team. Are you passionate, collaborative, love to geek out on technology, and want to work for a mission-driven company that is shaping the way teachers, students and parents of students learn together? If so, we want to hear from you.
Our diverse team consists of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders who share a variety of interests. You'll find musicians, world travelers, beer enthusiasts, nerds, sports fans, and all-around great people who shape our positive culture.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Full Stack Web Engineer to help bring the best possible software solutions to educators.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technology, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to immediately contribute and see results of your work in use by students, teachers, parents and district administrators across the country.
- Create internal tools and automations for use by our Client Services team, including feature development on our internal-facing web app
- Become and expert in broad areas of our application, building and extending on top of core services to empower the Client Services team and improve customer experience
- Hands on development of new features, shipping working software, including deployment and maintenance of the internal application
- Collaborate with colleagues across various squads in identifying and building process automations to improve productivity
- 3+ years of development experience
- Well versed in Node.JS
- Experience working with RESTful APIs
- Familiar with Docker and deploying to cloud environments
- Relational databases (T-SQL RDMS - MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Experience with pair programming
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Computer Science degree or related work experience
Nice to Haves
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience building solutions hosted in major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with Student Information Systems and/or Learning Management Systems
- Experience with integrating with 3rd Party APIs
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and professional development spending
- 20 PTO days a year, plus a day off for your birthday (or a loved one’s), an interest day (to do something you love), and paid holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave and great work/life balance
- Flexible hours and work from home policy so you can be at your most productive
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
- Working in arguably the best neighborhood in the city with the excellent food, drinks, coffee and donuts all within walking distance
- Working in an amazing office building with gym, rooftop deck, frequent social events, shuttle to and from train stations
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.