Full Stack Web Engineer
At Otus, a fast-growing EdTech company based at 1K Fulton in the West Loop of Chicago, you will work with people passionate about improving the lives of teachers and students. We are a group of talented designers, developers, coaches, and leaders. We love what we do and strive to the best work we can each day.
On our team, you will find musicians, beer enthusiasts, designer toy collectors, table tennis fanatics, and more.
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Full Stack Web Engineer to help bring the best possible software solutions to educators.
As an early member of a growing team, you must possess a strong work ethic and be upbeat, driven, intelligent, well-organized, articulate, share a passion for learning new technology, and thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment.
You will have the opportunity to immediately contribute and see results of your work in use by students, teachers, parents and district administrators across the country.
- Become an expert in the product road maps for your product/squad as well as the overall delivery team road map
- Collaborate with engineers, UI/UX designers, and product owners to build & ship new features and enhancements
- Hands on development, contributing in shipping working software
- Collaborate with colleagues across various squads in the organization to split monolithic application into separate applications that can be shipped independently
- 3+ years of development experience
- Web application development experience for a SaaS product
- Well versed in Node.JS, PHP, and/or Java
- Relational databases (T-SQL RDMS - MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, etc.)
- Designing, implementing, and shipping web applications
- Experience working in an Agile team
- Experience with pair programming
- Experience writing unit and integration tests
- Working experience utilizing Microservice Architecture
- Computer Science degree or related work experience
Nice to Haves
- Experience with containerized environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience building solutions hosted in major cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience splitting up monolithic applications/code bases into microservices
- Experience with Student Information Systems and/or Learning Management Systems
- Experience with integrating with 3rd Party APIs
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive salary and stock options
- 20 PTO days a year, plus a day off for your birthday (or a loved one), an interest day (to do something you love) and paid holidays
- Up to 12 weeks of parental leave, and great work/life balance
- Flexible hours and work from home policy so you can be at your most productive
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life Insurance and disability benefits
- 401K with an employer match (up to 4%)
- Working in arguably the best neighborhood in the city with the excellent food, drinks, coffee and donuts all within walking distance
- Working in an amazing office building with gym, rooftop deck, frequent social events, shuttle to and from train stations
Otus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity of every kind. You must be legally authorized to work in the US. Unfortunately, the company is unable to support sponsorships at this time.