The tastytrade family of companies (tastytrade, tastyworks, dough, quiet foundation, and The Small Exchange) empowers individual investors by providing educational media, intuitive and powerful trading software, high-speed order execution, innovative derivatives products, and portfolio guidance. The diversity of our offerings and the technology which powers them provides our engineers with exposure to a broad set of tools and the opportunity to dig deep into specific problems. We are an ideal environment for those who are self-motivated, engineering-focused, pragmatic, and who truly enjoy creating and operating large, highly-available, and performant systems. Our team is lean at roughly 35 members and we follow a management philosophy which values the autonomy of our engineers.
- The ability to learn quickly in areas in which you don't already have deep expertise
- A mastery of at least one of our languages or frameworks and experience dealing with it in a production context
- A willingness to learn new languages, frameworks, or technologies beyond your current expertise
- Demonstrable professional experience working as a software engineer on a team
- Work in multiple languages across different parts of the tastyworks stack and / or front-end trading client applications
- Provide guidance and leadership to more junior members of the team when questions arise about language or implementation specifics and contribute in a meaningful way to our peer review process
- Translate requirements and technical direction into production-quality code with lightweight guidance from a senior engineer or team leadership
- Work independently on smaller-scope tasks, as well as under the guidance of senior engineers to contribute to larger projects
- Write comprehensive tests for your code
- Engage in light infrastructure work to support application development work where applicable
- Continue your growth by learning new systems and working towards ownership of tastyworks' systems
We are an entrepreneurial, flat organization which values transparency, productivity and the ability to self-manage our work and business.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex. Nothing in our job postings or descriptions should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.