Fullstack Engineer, iOS and C#
SpotHero is seeking an Engineer to be part of the team working on developing and improving our HeroTech product. The team owns the platforms used by our Parking Panda and HeroTech product lines. These product lines encompass everything from B2C web/mobile platforms to a rapidly growing B2B IoT platform.
The perfect candidate for this role is someone who enjoys working with both frontend and backend technologies, specifically C# and .NET Standard/Core for backend platform development, Swift and Cocoa Touch for frontend iOS development. The candidate ideally should also be comfortable with being a polyglot in development languages and frameworks.
Who we are: SpotHero is one of transportation's hottest tech companies! We’re rapidly growing with the mission of bringing the parking industry into the future through technology. Drivers across the nation use the SpotHero mobile app or website to reserve convenient, affordable parking on-the-go or in advance, and parking companies rely on us to help them reach new customers while optimizing their business. We connect the dots with cutting-edge technology, delivering value to both sides of this exciting, evolving marketplace.
What you will do?
- Join the team that is building our new B2B platform using C#/.NET Core, Kubernetes, Kafka and AWS/Azure; also support and maintain the existing C# platform.
- Develop and support our HeroTech iOS product, developed in Swift.
- Carry out development best practices to produce high quality, well written and tested code.
- Participate in reviews of architecture design.
- Fix bugs, help out during an outage, and be in the on-call rotation.
- Customer First - We believe in the best customer experience ever. This includes their experience at the Parking Garage itself. When the garage has a barcode scanner, all our customer has to do is scan their barcode on entry, and exit, and the gate automatically opens. It's truly amazing!!
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Minimum 3+ years of development experience.
- Advanced knowledge of one of the following languages: C#, Swift, Objective-C.
- Extensive knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with AWS (EC2, ECS, RDS, Elasticache, ElasticSearch), and Azure.
- Knowledge of Docker and containerized environments.
- A clear history of self-direction on complex projects, excellent communication skills, and a portfolio (GitHub) that demonstrates these.
- Ability to draft and visually communicate technology/design/architecture concepts; specifically SOA and microservices.
- BS in Computer Science or a solid background of CS fundamentals.
Nice to have:
- Experience with Kubernetes
What we are offering:
- Career game changer – A truly unique experience to work for a fast-growing startup in a role with unlimited potential for growth.
- Excellent benefits – We cover up to 90% of Medical Premiums, 50% of Dental & Vision Premiums, and offer company sponsored Life Insurance.
- Flexible PTO policy, generous parental leave, 401k retirement savings plan, and great work/life balance – We value and support each individual team member.
- Fun perks like snacks, catered lunches, happy hours, wellness programs, and SpotHero swag.
- Annual parking stipend (duh – we help people park!).
- The opportunity to collaborate with fun, innovative, and passionate people in a casual, yet highly productive atmosphere.
- A workplace recognized as the Best Consumer Web Company by Built in Chicago, Top Company Culture by Entrepreneur, a Top Workplace by Chicago Tribune, and one of Chicago’s Best Places to Work for Women Under 35 by Crain’s Chicago Business.
- Plus, true ownership of your design in an environment where you can rapidly grow based on your execution
Steps to apply: Please include your portfolio/dribbble/etc username and/or links to any projects that represent your skill set. We love seeing work that others loved working on.