Fullstack Software Engineer
You will be involved in all facets of the software development process from inception to deployment. You should enjoy building new products, researching and developing new technologies, and coming up with new ideas. We are looking for a customer- and product-focused engineer.
You'll be an integral member of one of our emerging product teams, helping to build travel-focused web applications. Your goals will include developing and improving our web applications, designing and implementing A/B tests, building new features, and contributing to the experience our customers have come to expect from Rocket Travel and our partners. You’ll be working with our front-end builds written in AngularJS as we migrate to React, and our back-end REST API’s (built in JVM languages).
Duties and Requirements
- You communicate clearly and effectively.
- You are interested in sharing ownership and product direction for our customer-facing web applications.
- You are passionate about learning and helping your teammates learn.
- You have developed and deployed one or more large-scale React projects.
- You have worked with consuming/calling REST API's.
- You are familiar with agile programming methodologies.
- You are authorized to accept employment in the US from any employer.
- You are available to start within three weeks of accepting an offer, and are willing to work from our Chicago office.
- Having ownership in our products and our customers' experiences, building features that can be implemented and deployed in a matter of hours.
- Learning and growing professionally while being set up for success, collaborating closely with experienced business/design/technology teammates.
- Working with intrinsically motivated folks with a track record of delivering great products.
- Developing software using AWS, GitHub, modern development practices, and the best tools available.
- Receiving a competitive compensation package, including bonus, health/dental insurance, and 401k matching.
- Choosing your own computer/gear.
- Receiving a monthly cell phone stipend.
- Enjoying unlimited vacation, with free travel credits.
- Flexible teams that allow you to work remotely for those days when life needs you elsewhere.
- Learning at bi-monthly engineering lunch-and-learns for professional development.
- Enjoying free snacks, drinks, and coffee at our dog-friendly Chicago office in the West Loop.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
No recruiters, please.