Our Research team is looking for a full time Quantitative Researcher to help continually improve our core derivatives pricing and parameter models. Our Quantitative Research team works closely with traders and software engineers to create and improve pricing models, volatility surfaces, yield curves, and other quantitative elements of our automated trading systems. They find solutions to pricing problems, test those solutions with historical pricing parameters and market data, and then modify various parts of our trading system so traders can see these new models operate in the real world.
Technology at Optiver:
Our researchers collaborate closely with traders and engineers to advance the capabilities of our business and improve our market-making fundamentals. We apply our quantitative expertise and scientific training to solve tough, interdisciplinary problems. We take pride in seeing the real-time impact of solutions that allow us to stay ahead in a highly competitive industry.
What you’ll need:
- Currently enrolled in a PhD program in mathematics, computer science, statistics, physics, or a related field with an anticipated graduation date of Summer 2022 or sooner
- Experience using Matlab, R, python, or other analytical tools for quantitative research
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Strong research, analytical, valuation, and modeling skills
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment authorization for this job opening
Who we are:
Optiver is a proprietary trading firm and leading global market maker. As one of the oldest market making institutions, we are a trusted partner of 50+ exchanges across the globe. Our mission is to constantly improve the market by injecting liquidity, providing accurate pricing, increasing transparency and acting as a stabilizing force no matter the market conditions. With a focus on continuous improvement, we participate in the safeguarding of healthy and efficient markets for everyone who participates.