ThinkMarkets is a global online brokerage firm, specializing in providing multi-asset trading solutions to thousands of clients around the world. With our flagship ThinkTrader platform, we allow our clients to trade the world 24-hours a day. Our mission is to disrupt the brokerage industry by allowing access to global markets and thousands of products to allow our clients to trade the world in the palm of their hand. We use the latest technologies to give traders seamless access to our proprietary trading platforms. Our Chicago office is in the heart of the financial district in the Loop, and is made up by our Leadership, IT, Analytics, and R&D teams.
We are seeking a Head of Software Engineering to join our rapidly growing global workforce in Chicago. In this position, you will lead on our software development team in designing and developing financial applications for trading, wealth management, payments, and banking. The right candidate will enjoy working a fast-paced, dynamic trading environment with the latest technologies in a fast paced, high energy financial services group. You will help us continue to provide best-in-class web and mobile applications for our customers around the world.
- Oversee and manage a global team of software engineers while keeping a constant pulse across departments to ensure team projects and goals are successful and timely
- Deep technical understanding of software delivery in a financial services environment
- Work with product and business leaders to determine technology stacks, development sprints, goals, architecture, and development team structures
- Iterate with our UX, Product, Infrastructure, and Marketing teams in an agile environment to bring features from conception to launch
- Ability to articulate complex engineering, trading systems, and development challenges to business users and management
- Play a key role in people-related initiatives including recruiting, onboarding, performance reviews, training, career advancement, for the global software development team
- Master’s degree and/or PhD in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in developing complex, enterprise level, globally distributed applications in a financials services trading or banking environment.
- Knowledge of market fundamentals for Equities, FX, and Options as it related to trading and trading platforms.
- 5+ years of experience directly managing a team of software engineers in distributed geographic environments
- Preferred experience in developing for Mobile iOS and Android in native code.
- Experience with distributed computing and API design
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL storage architecture (Oracle , MySQL, and SQL)
- Experience in a mixed platform environment across Linux, Windows, and virtualized servers
- Knowledge of modern DevOps Frameworks (GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Chef, etc.)
- Proven ability to integrate legacy platforms with modern development initiatives
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, balancing change management and competing priorities
- Excellent analytical & technical skills, displaying an exceptional breadth and depth of technological knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (must be able to give honest, direct, and actionable feedback)