IAM Security Engineer II
Sr. IAM Security Engineer
This individual is responsible for design and development of new security solutions, Tier III Support, SDLC, product life cycle, forensics and investigations, IT & Application penetration testing, documentation, and RCA’s. The individual will facilitate and gather requirements from our customers and provide security solutions to meet their needs while aligning with Grainger strategies, policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Actively protects the integrity and confidentiality of Grainger information assets while enabling business functionality in all systems and environments by supporting applicable security solutions
- Provide Advanced access troubleshooting and production support as needed in all systems across the enterprise especially related to Active Directory, Edirectory, IDV, Cyber-Ark and SAML technologies
- Partner and execute advanced changes in the Security Landscape based on results from analysis received from Internal Controls & Compliance, Internal Audit, External Audit and other functions as deemed appropriate
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of troubleshooting and configuring Drivers, Cyber-Ark, and SAML SSO integrations.
- Resolve and troubleshoot incidents and which have been escalated from Analysts and Engineers professionally within established SLAs, with accurate communication to the appropriate parties
- Identify and lead large Continuous Improvement projects and/or assist Architects in more complex Continuous Improvement projects, seeking opportunities to more effectively address team processes and customer needs
- Serving as a technical escalation resource to less experienced team members, Analyst, and Engineer team members
- Participate in and support the SOX Compliance processes, providing leadership and support to Analysts. Recommend and implement new functionality to enhance compliance processes. Ensure SOX controls are followed and effective.
- Has a strong understanding of enterprise workflows enabling them to perform strong troubleshooting and create strong workflows.
- Building, releasing and importing Identity Access related changes.
- Lead medium or large projects and team members assigned to projects with little direction, assist Architect on large projects as needed.
- Coaching and serving as a technical escalation resource to team members and groups in or outside the department on any Identity Access related technical issue.
- Engineer solutions to ensure Payment Card Industry (PCI-DSS) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance
- Serve as an SME in several areas; Provide subject matter expertise for Architecture, Planning and Roadmap sessions
- Understanding of Cloud solution best practices and integration techniques
- Facilitate the gathering of security requirements/specifications specific to Remote Connectivity (intra and intercompany), Internet facing solutions, eCommerce, Mobility, etc.
- Researches, evaluates, designs, tests, recommends and plans the implementation of new or updated information security technologies
- Assist in security project implementation from conception, design, testing and implementation
- Participate as required, in analyzing, developing, and implementing large or complex Identity security solutions, as requested by business and process team partners or with direction from the Architect.
- Provide 24-hour support on a rotating schedule
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related degree, or equivalent job experience. .
- 5+ years of experience or training in Identity systems security fundamentals design, implementation and troubleshooting across all computer platforms.
- 5 or more years required of combined IT and security work experience with a broad exposure to infrastructure/network and multi-platform environments
- Expert understanding of Identity technologies and understanding of integration of applications within a distributed environment
- Expert understanding of certificate based authentication and certificate management (e.g. SSL and PKI)
- Strong understanding of position based security model within the HR Org and distribution throughout the enterprise
- Expert understanding of Risk and Compliance framework, regulatory compliance (Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and PCI-DSS)
- Experience in implementation and management of security access systems within the enterprise and in the cloud (e.g. Federation, SAML, etc.)
- Demonstrates an advanced understanding of how security access systems integrate across the enterprise
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.