Join the frontlines of today's healthcare transformation
We're looking for an Identity and Access Management Architect to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served.
VillageMD is changing the trajectory of healthcare. We’re empowering primary care physicians to make informed decisions, and engaging patients in meaningful ways. We work with thousands of clinicians and healthcare disruptors across the country, improving patient health while driving down the cost to deliver it.
We are a mission-oriented organization, and we are thrilled about the work that we accomplish every day. We’re transparent. Collaborative. Relentless in pursuit of our mission. With a confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences create the best opportunity for innovation. And we know that the community we are growing is greater than any one individual.
We’ve built our technology using the best of cloud and open-source technologies to create an open, data-first platform that is enriched with analytical models and connected to the most modern internal and external apps. These apps drive clinical decision support, patient engagement and other facilitators of innovative, information-enriched health experiences.
Could this be you?
See for yourself how this role helps reshape successful healthcare with VillageMD:
The Identity and Access Management Architect will lead all phases of IAM at VillageMD including architecture, build, and operations. The role will report to the Director of Security Architecture to support the Security Program’s strategic investment in identity and privileged access management. The IAM Architect will assess identity and access management needs across the organization, inclusive of technology products (both B2B and B2C) and clinical operations. As part of a growing program it the role will requiring planning for team building and talent acquisition. VillageMD requires an architect with agility in thought, creative approaches to new problems, and a passion for delivery.
How you can make a difference
During your first year, you can expect the following professional challenges:
- Create a cohesive IAM strategy reflective of future business growth
- Define IAM architecture standards for technology products, vendors, and partners
- Develop automation capability to enable efficient and continuous compliance monitoring
- Define needs for team growth including personnel count and talent development
Skills for success
As a successful IAM Architect you possess,
- Strong organizational and project management skill
- The ability to create and refine processes that are adaptable but wildly scalable
- Think clearly, communicate concisely, and collaborate always
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, find peace in chaos, and absorb information quickly to create a plan
- A low ego; an ability to gain trust by doing what you say you will do
- The ability to lead a team, give clear direction, and be flexible in approach to adapt when projects need it
Experience to drive change
- Experience leading and scaling effective IAM architectures and operations within a customer centric technology environment
- Experience with IAM functions in AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Experiencing designing, implementing, and operating IAM technologies including SAML, SPML, XACML, SCIM, OpenID and OAuth.
- Experience developing automation capabilities to accommodate streamlined provisioning and reporting
- Experience managing technical requirements and delivering features to technology product teams
- 5+ years in the security industry, with people management experience
- History of optimization of process and projects across functional areas
- Track record of successfully executing projects in collaboration with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1. This fun, fast-paced, startup environment even comes complete with snacks.
You also have the flexibility to contribute remotely. Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.